Hyungs, Tuls, & Poomse....the HARDEST!

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

Commonly you will see threads regarding pattern application or maybe your favorite pattern...well, of all the patterns you have learned which is/was the most difficult to preform well?

Also, of all the patterns in your pattern set (or those that you are semi-familiar with) which appears to be the hardest?

Please list the pattern and the pattern set from which it is a part!

TAEKWON!
SpooKeY

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought that Toi-Gye was probably the hardest. Choong-Moo was probably my favorite. Gwang-Gae was another tough one. Po-Eun :rolleyes: somewhat easier but not a fan of it.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
In TKD I would have to say that so far Choong-moo was hardest for me from the Chong-han set. I have seen some that are ahead of me that look pretty tough. In my Chito-ryu style I would say Unsu. That is, if we are allowing non-KMA forms to be listed.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In TSD, it was pyung ahn ee dan (pyung series). I got to pyung ahn sam dan, but I was still learning ee dan. It was the weirdest feeling LOL.

In TKD, I would have to say Taegeuk 8. But the most difficult form is my bo form (one that my master instructor created). It took me 3 months to learn and get it right. I'm still working on the technique.

A

Andy Cap

Hardest to learn for me was Tae Geuk E Jang because I had learned so many other forms sets and the Tae Geuks are fairly alien to me.

As far as performing well...Jion from TSD has many subtleties, and has been very challenging to master.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Andy Cap said:
Hardest to learn for me was Tae Geuk E Jang because I had learned so many other forms sets and the Tae Geuks are fairly alien to me.

I call that the Taegeuk E Jang syndrom LOL. Most people in my dojang hate that form (I hate Taegeuk 6 myself). But I do agree about the Taegeuks were alien to me after learning TSD hyungs. I totally know how ya feel.

OP
S

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My Addition...

Being a practitioner of the Chang Hon Hyungs, I would say that Po-Eun is one of the most difficult to preform well. The pattern has only 36 movements (18 mirrored in opposite directions). The pattern flows extremely well, however I have found that due to the smooth flowing nature it is rather difficult to preform with fluidity and POWER!

Technically the most difficult patterns would have to be Juche and Moon-Moo!

TAEKWON!
SpooKeY

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hardest to perform well: Keum Gang-it is really better-suited to a larger person (though I did see a pregrant woman perform it exceptionally well years ago).

Miles

Latest Discussions