Han Mu Kwan...

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear All,

I am hoping someone out there can help answer a few questions I have related to the evolution of the Han Mu Kwan.

Hopefully, you all can assist me in determining which hyungs were used by the Han Mu Kwan and in what order...Originally a Tang Soo Do gym, it could be surmised that they utilized the Pyong Ahn Hyungs (Heian Kata) early on. Also, I can see that currently they Kuk Mu Do Kwan (Han Mu Kwan) utilizes some Pal-Gwe and majority Tae-Guek poomse as the official requirement.

Was there an interval set of patterns utilized between the Pyong Ahn Hyungs and the newer Pal-Gwe and Tae-Guek set? If so what were they when did these intervals take place (approximate year)?

TAEKWON!
Spooks

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Spookey,

I did learn that the Han Moo Kwan taught the same series as in the Jidokwan, i.e. originally the pyung ahn series.

Miles

OP
S

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Miles,

I learned the same...it appears as if the Han Mu Kwan and the Ji Do Kwan derive from similar origins. So close in origin that the Han Mu Kwan Kwan Jang had to differentiate when quoted in the "Modern History of Taekwon-Do"!

Thanks for the information!

TAEKWON!

SPK

Latest Discussions