Hypothetical Scenario: Extracting yourself from a deteriorating situation

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In an ideal world...sure. In this one? Better safe than sorry.

Those who are saying bring a friend...if I had a "friend" who kept asking me to stand around for several hours and wait for him/her to do a shoot, I'd start feeling used if I wasn't being paid. Given that some of these are cases of the model getting prints for time, the model may not be able to hire a friend if the model gets, say, 10 hours per week of work. It ain't that simple.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
SI does have nudity, it's just that they are covered in paint, or it's done implied.

True. I guess I was just comparing the two...Playboy and SI....while they may contain that, one I'd say would be more tasteful than the other.

So, in light of the posts so far, what's this message from a photographer say to you?
Note: Not Me.

That message tells me that its his way or the highway. Sorry, I guess its the highway then. I don't feel that anyone should be put in an uncomfortable situation. If the photographer can't understand that, then I dont know what else to say.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, in light of the posts so far, what's this message from a photographer say to you?
Note: Not Me.
RUN AWAY!

That's what that says!

(And maybe forward the guy's info to the police...)

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm working on an article on model safety and am looking for some expert advice.

Here is the basic scenario:
A model is alone with a photographer, who is pushing for things to go further than the model is comfortable. They could be in a remote location, or in the photographers downtown studio. The model is alone, and in a state of undress, possibly nude. Photographer is increasingly insistent on model shooting nude, shooting explicit, or engaging in sexual activities with him.

What are the models options, and what can they do to hopefully safely extract themselves from this situation?

Also, what could they do to avoid this from happening in the future?

I am not an expert but I will offer my .02 anyhow.
I have a beautiful daughter and one day this may be an issue...

Avoidance-Awareness-Assertion the triple A's

A female should never meet a photographer in a professional or business manner alone or in a secluded area...
Bring a friend(with integrity) or two for security and make sure the place is public or in an actual business that has more than one employee..

Research the photographer regardless of who recommends them...

Never get undressed in front of a man or men with a camera alone and expect that all he wants is your picture...

On to the scenario...
so model is nude and photographer is increasingly uncomfortable...

nows the time to be aware of any tools that are readily available other than what you physically have... bottle...corkscrew... telephone... vase... etc...
avoid making any contact that would lead them on further and make every attempt to get dressed and get the hell out of there....

If he gets on you after you have already said no...flog him with any nearby blunt object and beat feet... try to get his wallet on the way out... may need his info later if he comes after you or decides to find a home for your nude pics on the internet...

Excuse the ramble...this was a curveball Bob....

Latest Discussions