Hunting - split from Kukri vs Machette

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
You just don't get it do you, and I'm certainly not investing time in that. I really could let fire here, but you Sir are just plain ignorant!
So now we resort to name calling.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
ok why is it wrong?

Whether its right or wrong is a matter of opinion. I wouldn't hunt just for sport and just for the pleasure of killing, I would always use what I kill, either eating it or selling it for food or for some other good use such as clothing. Some people do hunt just for sport and they don't do anything with what they kill except perhaps mount the head on their wall. I wouldn't do that but that's just me.

Now, to everybody who is against killing just because your able to. I've asked before and I will ask again, are you against fishing? With fishing you are catching and if you don't throw it back, killing, even if you eat what you kill. And before you talk about killing for pleasure vs killing for necessity I will point out that people who do fish often do so for pleasure. Fishing is a big sport and past time lots of people enjoy even if they do eat what they catch, they are doing it for pleasure.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whether its right or wrong is a matter of opinion. I wouldn't hunt just for sport and just for the pleasure of killing, I would always use what I kill, either eating it or selling it for food or for some other good use such as clothing. Some people do hunt just for sport and they don't do anything with what they kill except perhaps mount the head on their wall. I wouldn't do that but that's just me.

Now, to everybody who is against killing just because your able to. I've asked before and I will ask again, are you against fishing? With fishing you are catching and if you don't throw it back, killing, even if you eat what you kill. And before you talk about killing for pleasure vs killing for necessity I will point out that people who do fish often do so for pleasure. Fishing is a big sport and past time lots of people enjoy even if they do eat what they catch, they are doing it for pleasure.

fish are not cute.

Plenty of grey area. So you are on the receiving end of a lot of generalizations and moral high ground being thrown out.

I don't think many people have actually thought about it. They are just feeling.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
fish are not cute.

Plenty of grey area. So you are on the receiving end of a lot of generalizations and moral high ground being thrown out.

I don't think many people have actually thought about it. They are just feeling.

Cute is a matter of opinion. Some people might think that fish are cute. And besides, being cute is not a deciding factor over whether its right to kill something.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Return to the original topic - hunting. Keep the posts polite and professional.
Failing to do so will result in infractions being issued.

Mark A Cochran
Dirty Dog
MT Senior Moderator

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cute is a matter of opinion. Some people might think that fish are cute. And besides, being cute is not a deciding factor over whether its right to kill something.

It shouldn't be. You will often find it is though.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with hunting, been known to do so myself. However that's with the caveat it's for food not sport. I don't particularly care for sport hunting here in the US but for big game... not so much either.

You kill it ... you clean it & eat it. Otherwise I don't see the use, only waste.

IMHO the only time non-food harvesting should occur is for herd control (like happens here for white tail & swamp deer) or disease control. Otherwise it should truly be IMHO from the field to the table.