Hunting - split from Kukri vs Machette

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If I say I believe that having sex with a child is good people would jump on me from a great height because frankly there is no other right and responsible view other than that it wrong. To me there is no other argument than the killing of animals for fun is wrong, it's that simple. Killing for food, clothing etc is the only reason one should kill an animal.

That is not the same. What you about talking about is illegal and not accepted anywhere on this planet. Hunting is not illegal and is widely accepted. I do not hunt, nor would I ever, but my personal feelings are not the point here.

All life is life, animal or human. But that will take the thread of topic.

No, it's not. That's why there's a food chain and we sit atop it. Again, I would never hunt, but that's not the point.

We should get back on topic, though. Or end the thread,

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always eat what I kill so its not just for the thrill of it. And as for certain species being endangered that's why they have controls as to when they can or can't be hunted, game limits, seasons, ect. And some of these game are dangerous and will kill people and I don't just mean hunters but people. The elephant can ll up to 500 hippo can kill up to 3000 people a year. I personally couldn't see myself hunting an elephant but I could see myself hunting hippo or lion. And hunters are responsible too, at least those that obey hunting laws and hunt the proper way. Its the poachers, those that don't obey hunting laws, that are irresponsible. Do you ever eat meat or use animal products? If you do than you're eating and/or using something that was killed.

I think you have missed the point about killing for pleasure and killing for food. You also have your figures wrong. I don't think elephants kill up to 500 hippos do you really?
You won't need any sort of knife if you are going on one of those types of trips, you will be taken by vehicle to the killing site where the animal will be driven across in front of you so you can shoot it. There will even be someone there to shoot it for you so you can claim you killed the animal. Then you will get back in your vehicle after having your photo taken with the dead animal.

Buka my point was that with some things one has to give one's opinion and you cannot sit on the fence if you want to keep your conscience clean. To say nothing is sometimes not an option.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it's not. That's why there's a food chain and we sit atop it. Again, I would never hunt, but that's not the point.

Well, guess you have a different definition then. The life we sit atop is still life, wheter regarded sentient or not.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Well believe it or not but in the USA the white tailed deer was once an endangered species, now we have problem with there being too many of them.

There are two species sub-species of white-tailed deer that have been declared as "endangered" neither species has been removed from that listing, the overall species has never co close to being endangered, and has benefited by human conversion of woodland to agrarian and early seral habitat conditions. To place any African species that requires savannah habitat is laughable.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I almost hate to ask but what dose hunting and species endangerment have to do with the op. We are getting a big thread drift here can we get back to the OP please.
If you wish to discuss endangered species and hunting start another thread.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost hate to ask but what dose hunting and species endangerment have to do with the op. We are getting a big thread drift here can we get back to the OP please.

It's to do with it because the OP told us what he needed an edged tool for......when he was 'hunting' animals. Despite the awful issue of 'fun' hunting I would think it very unlikely that he would scything his way through any jungle despite what he thinks.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is all the same, if you look in a wider context. No doubt a new thread would solve any issues. However, I feel that what Tez and I have posted, is very valid and crucial to the OP. Okay I am getting on my high horse here, but surely the misinformed should be helped and educated in the harsh realities of hunting and poaching. No disrespect Sir, but I believe you are wrong on that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've no wish to discuss hunting outside the reason I wrote it in the first place and am unhappy enough about being on another thread than I am considering deleting all my posts on this thread.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've no wish to discuss hunting outside the reason I wrote it in the first place and am unhappy enough about being on another thread than I am considering deleting all my posts on this thread.

Calm down Tez, no reason to delete you're posts!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calm down Tez, no reason to delete you're posts!

I'm always calm, in fact I'm actually quite cold bloodied, rarely get upset, never get the red mist but do get ice in my veins. :cool:

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is not the same. What you about talking about is illegal and not accepted anywhere on this planet. Hunting is not illegal and is widely accepted. I do not hunt, nor would I ever, but my personal feelings are not the point here.
Exactly. Hunting is not wrong, its just her take on it.

We're not always at the top, many people die every year from vicious animal attacks and its not uncommon for some animals to use them as food. Lions have been known to eat people entirely.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think you have missed the point about killing for pleasure and killing for food. You also have your figures wrong. I don't think elephants kill up to 500 hippos do you really?
What I meant to say is that elephants kill up to 500 people a year and hippos kill up to 3000 people a year. Excuse me if I made a typo.
As for killing for food vs pleasure, as long as you eat what you kill or put it to other good use than why should it matter if there was pleasure in doing it? How about all the livestock that is slaughtered for food, theres a possibility that the people who do the slaughtering might take some pleasure in it. Or how about fishing? Lots of people fish for pleasure and fun and they eat what they catch, but the fact remains that they got pleasure in the fishing they did. So are you against fishing too?

You won't need any sort of knife
if you are going on one of those types of trips, you will be taken by vehicle to the killing site where the animal will be driven across in front of you so you can shoot it. There will even be someone there to shoot it for you so you can claim you killed the animal. Then you will get back in your vehicle after having your photo taken with the dead animal.
That is not how its done with the company that Im looking into.

And besides, the Bible justifies hunting.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well. I hunt Whitetail deer. And I eat venison. But I don't "have to" hunt to eat. I enjoy hunting and I eat the game I kill.

Whats wrong with that?

Unless you are a Vegan, some creature has to die if you eat it. The animal I hunt has a better chance of avoiding me than the farm raised cow that provides me with my beef.

RhythmGJ

White Belt
Reaction score
Pleasure vs. Convenience. Similar, but different. Like Human life vs. Animal.

But anyway, I hope the OP has a good, safe trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You won't need any sort of knife if you are going on one of those types of trips, you will be taken by vehicle to the killing site where the animal will be driven across in front of you so you can shoot it. There will even be someone there to shoot it for you so you can claim you killed the animal. Then you will get back in your vehicle after having your photo taken with the dead animal.

Buka my point was that with some things one has to give one's opinion and you cannot sit on the fence if you want to keep your conscience clean. To say nothing is sometimes not an option.

actually the second shooter is a good idea. No point wounding an animal and letting it run off.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well. I hunt Whitetail deer. And I eat venison. But I don't "have to" hunt to eat. I enjoy hunting and I eat the game I kill.

Whats wrong with that?

Unless you are a Vegan, some creature has to die if you eat it. The animal I hunt has a better chance of avoiding me than the farm raised cow that provides me with my beef.

well people here hunt feral animals just to control their numbers. (And yes that can mean buffalo)

But it Is done for fun. Mostly pigs here.

Now pigs destroy any environment they occupy. So they are destroying our ecosystem.

The next irony is you cant farm and have pigs. You have to kill them. So for all those vegans out there buying vegies because killing animals is wrong?

Sorry guys.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is now an argument that has nothing to do with the original thread which was the point of posting in the first place.

Latest Discussions