HPV vaccine ? Should all women get it?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Good point - how about the female condom which covers the female genitalia? Although it does require manual support at times.
Back to this - has anyone here heard of this? It's exterior end is larger and has a ring designed to cover the exterior female genitalia.

I don't think anything will be a panacea and perhaps the vaccine will work, though I worry about it becoming mandated.

OP
R

raedyn

Yes, I've heard of the female condom. I've seen it on sale at drugstores & grocery outlets as well. It's prohibitively expensive. I do see why you think it might offer more protection. Seem reasonable. I couldn't find any information online that spoke about this product and its effect on HPV infection rates. I, too, have a concern with any vaccine becoming mandatory.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
raedyn said:
I, too, have a concern with any vaccine becoming mandatory.
My concern comes from having a friend of mine wanting to enroll in a Bachelor of Nursing program. It was manadatory that she receive the Hep B vaccine. Shortly after she had the first two doses she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. There are many sites with info on the web, just do a google search on it. I have watched my vibrant fit friend be reduced to a fatigued, tired young woman. I worry for her health and what her outcome will be. So far the disease seems to progress in spurts, becomes aggressive for a while and then dies down.

Anyways, it was enough for me to not have my girls vaccinated with the Hep B vaccine. That is a choice they can make for themselves at a later date. I understand the "need" for update vaccinations in the health care field, you are exposed to much more then the average lay person is, but the individual stubborn side in me says NO ONE has the right to force mandatory vaccinations on anyone.