How to Learn Kenpo 101

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Rainman

All you succeeded in doing was convincing me not to release anymore information on the subject. It is also an act of cowardice to spread your disease to another thread and hide behind what someone else was doing by putting your stamp on it. I will not be responding to you again.

And now the school yard mentality starts, if we don't play by my rules I will take my ball and go home. I think Rainman you are reading too much into Sigung's comment. He might have been commenting about one of Gou's many, many, many rants or even one of mine. I think you got your feathers ruffled on the 2 man set thread and you are now looking for jabs at your expense at every turn. If anyone was to start seriously picking on you the moderators would put a stop to it.

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by WilliamTLear

Ian,

Kenpo is a partly science?
Really? I had no Idea...? Gosh... You're smart! You can spell science! :roflmao:

The discussions can get technical?
Now, I'm impressed! Truely! You have shown me the way... the truth... and the light... You're the man Satan!

Helpful people on Martial Talk? vs. other kenpo forums?
Nope. Nicer yes. More helpful? I don't think so...

Lastly, I read more than I post. There are people on this board that should try that.

Gou... Run!!! Run Fast!!! Run Now!!! The brain washing session is going to begin soon!!!

The problem with USENet is that it's full of trolls.

The problem with forums is that while there's less trolls, you still can't get rid of all of them.

I.

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by satans.barber

The problem with USENet is that it's full of trolls.

The problem with forums is that while there's less trolls, you still can't get rid of all of them.

I.

While I have seen Mr. Lear in themorning before he got all made up I wouldn't say he looks as bad as a troll. Although the thought of him living under a bridge makes some sense.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Just remember Mr. Satan...

When you make a troll mad he can act alot like a monkey at the zoo. When he gets to a certain point he'll begin to throw poo at you!

:moon:

OP
C

Courtney's Dad

Hey Gou,

I know from some of your previous posts, that you already know a heck of a lot. but here's my novice view anyway.D :

I've only watched the tatum series. yellow, orange, purple techs, short 1, short 2, blocking and sparring.

from my limited experience, they are really helpful. Mr. Tatum sure can move. (and it is kinda fun watching Clyde "dummy" for him)eek:

however, i've recently started taking lessons from Mr. Tatum and my first lesson on the mat I learned just how much I didn't learn from watching tape and practicing with my daughter. WOW!

WOW! i liked the tapes but it's a poor substitute for actually "feeling" a technique work. he demo'd a tech on me one day at MAYBE 1/8th speed(?) but i felt it for about four days.:rofl:

have fun :

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
i personally take offence to anyone claiming to know why gou hasn't got a kenpo instructor because he does in fact have one and that is me.our schedules don't always mesh but let me tell you the time is soon for more smack after my burial opps i mean my wedding haha! and yes gou is stirring the pot you people can't really be that dumb to not know when he is jiving you can you? in short gou has said this to me personally iam a retard at a lego convention i just can't get it together,i see him still but then he is like a fart in a car he is gone with the wind.
so sayeth the wookie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

later
jay
ps 208 yall!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by jaybacca72

i personally take offence to anyone claiming to know why gou hasn't got a kenpo instructor because he does in fact have one and that is me.our schedules don't always mesh but let me tell you the time is soon for more smack after my burial opps i mean my wedding haha! and yes gou is stirring the pot you people can't really be that dumb to not know when he is jiving you can you? in short gou has said this to me personally iam a retard at a lego convention i just can't get it together,i see him still but then he is like a fart in a car he is gone with the wind.

later
jay

Well since you're ratting Gou out .. tell us all .. what rank is he,
really?:D

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score

later
jay

Jay,

No one said he "hasn't got a Kenpo instructor", but that your schedules haven't allowed for consistent training. No need to take offense if it isn't true. He's not really stirring OUR pot, he's stirring YOUR pot. We're gonna keep doing what we do, your the one that's gonna now find time to bring your little Systema dude back into the fold (I guess). As a fourth, your certainly far from a retard, but your certainly a busy man. In regards to the fart comment.......I've heard he smells like that

jb:asian:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I think we will have to get together and get Gou a new personalized T-Shirt after Jaybacca's rant. I can just see it now, at the Big Guys camp Gou walking around in a T-shirt saying "Fart in the Car"

OP
G

GouRonin

gou has said this to me personally..... "i am a retard at a lego convention... i just can't get it together."

Heh heh heh...I come up with the best one liners don't I?

p.s. - 208 yall!

Then you always go and make me laugh.

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by jbkenpo
Jay,
He's not really stirring OUR pot, he's stirring YOUR pot.

**pssst**

Hey JB... Jaybacca decided to join me and do some fishing of his own.

Man...it's just far too easy to get Kenpoists all riled up.

Don't worry though. From now on. I'll be serious!

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Kirk
Well since you're ratting Gou out .. tell us all .. what rank is he,
really?

Systema has no rank. You don't pay attention do you? 50 push-ups for you.

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Gou is...

A Third Degree Brown Belt in the I.K.K.O. under Mr. Conatser

A First Degree Black Belt in the I.K.K.I. under Makua Spry
He got the certificate in the mail... honest!!!

A White Belt in Gou Ronin's Drunken Monkey Stlye
(The embroidered white belt is the highest honor in this system)

And, I think he is still a private in the Royal Canadian Spetznaz.

Keith... I hope this helps.

Billy Lear
United Kenpo Systems

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

Don't make me tell on you. You know where to send the money order.

Hey, who are you, DC? We already got one of those around here!:rofl:

OP
R

RCastillo

later
jay

I know about "Jaybacca". He is a legend in Canada, and Gou's teacher. The Provinces are safe with those two. Trust me!:samurai:

Latest Discussions