• 5' - 5' 4"

• 5' 5" - 5' 8"

• 5' 9" - 6'

• 6' 1" - 6' 4"

• 6' 5" - 6' 8"

• 6' 9" - 7'

• Over seven feet

Results are only viewable after voting.
6'3. At least as tall as everyone I've worked out with... I really don't care though. Short, tall, mostly irrelevant.

I'm 5'4'' but I wear platforms. And that is not me in my avator.

somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11".

I hit this height and stopped growing in about 7th grade. At the time I was taller than most in my class. By high school graduation, most of them had passed me by. I am always amazed when I walk down the street and see a lot of people who just tower over me. There are a lot of tall people here in San Francisco. Of course if I want to feel like a giant, I can just take a walk thru Chinatown.

At 5-10 I'm the shortest one in my family. Me dad (at the tallest) was 6-3, my oldest brother is also 6'-3" and other brother is 6'-1 (or is it 2?) ... my grandfather however (father's father) was a towering 6'-6" (I believe)... his wife was 4'-9" ... the mental image alone boggles.
Me grand-dad was a black-smith... so an imposing figure he must've made back in the early 1900's

Sam said:
Being short sucks.

It has its advantages in the martial arts universe, but do you know how embarassing it is to ask your instructor to hand you your shoes when someone's put them on the soda machine so a toddler running around doesnt eat them?

Sam,

I may be tall but it is my size so I think of it as average for me.

As to disadvantages, the alrger and taller you are the more you pay for clothes. As a teen I had to shop at the Big & Tall shops to find clothes that fit. Today I can find some that fit in the normal stores, but they are almsot always sold out. Where as the Big & Tall now are much bigger and much taller. So it is a nightmare to shop for clothes.

It is horrible when dealling with cars and getting and also seeing. I loose full size suburbans behind teh rear view mirror. If the sun shade drops I loose the complete windshield visibility.

And as John pointed out there almost is someone looking to prove something with a bigger guy. :(

But, I do not think of myself as big and others as small but as this is Sam Size and Techno Size and Pam Size, etcetera. :)

Flying Crane said:
somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11".

I hit this height and stopped growing in about 7th grade. At the time I was taller than most in my class. By high school graduation, most of them had passed me by. I am always amazed when I walk down the street and see a lot of people who just tower over me. There are a lot of tall people here in San Francisco. Of course if I want to feel like a giant, I can just take a walk thru Chinatown.

I was the same way. I think of myself as being tall even though I'm really pretty average in height for a female. I was always the tallest in my classes growing up, until I hit high school. Then everyone else caught up or passed me.

I have a lanky build though, so I give the appearance of being taller than I am, then when people actually stand next to me I am not as tall as they thought.

Jade Tigress said:
I was the same way. I think of myself as being tall even though I'm really pretty average in height for a female. I was always the tallest in my classes growing up, until I hit high school. Then everyone else caught up or passed me.

Yes- I was always the tallest, or among the tallest in my class/ grade until high school/ late junior high school (9th grade). Then I was average. I couldn't help but laugh at some of the kids questions and comments when school started or I moved- they weren't mean, just funny. I'm not lanky, though.

Ya know, It occurs to me...

I ahve been drinking coffee since I was like 12 or 13... and coffee stunts your growth, they say...

Well, at 5' 11"... I must have been on my way to 7 feet... thank god for coffee.

Shaolinwind said:
Call on me any time if you need a can off the top shelf. =)

Eerrrr, Shaolin? Now would be good. :boing1:

5' 2" on a good day. ;)

Back