How old were you when you first started Martial Arts?

How old were you when you started Martial Arts?

• 10 years old or under

Votes: 107 23.8%
  • 11 years old to 15

Votes: 114 25.4%
  • 16 years old to 19

Votes: 78 17.4%
  • 20 years old to 29

Votes: 74 16.5%
  • 30 years old to 39

Votes: 54 12.0%
  • 40 years old to 49

Votes: 29 6.5%
  • 50 years old to 59

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60 years old and up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Since we have more members now, I'd like to bring this back up for the new people to vote and post. :)

Robyn :asian:

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I always had an interest in martial arts, especially with my dad being into it. But i never actually got a chance to get into it myself until college. That's where I met Seig and Tess and they've totally opened me and my brother up to a new experience. Never too late to start something new. Started when I was 18 as a freshman in college and been enjoying every minute of it since then!!!!!:p

V

VampyrSoul2000

Myself, I was five when I officailly started my training. I was around it since birth. I am 34 now. Stayed with it off and on, but always with one system. I may have gone to others to workout, but I have always been loyal to my system.

OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We have plenty of new members now. I think I will try to resurrect this thread. :asian:

Robyn :asian:

L

lost_tortoise

I started just before my 14th birthday in Isshinryu Karate. I am 32 now and still involved in one way or another with the combat arts.

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Opal Dragon
Hi Everyone!

I've always wondered how old people were when they started Martial Arts. I know that there is a large age range on this site.
So, this is the question: How old were you when you first started Martial Arts?

I'm mainly looking for how old you were when you first started seriously doing it. Example---If you did Karate when you were 5 years old but then quit for 10 years and started doing it again when you were 15 and never quit....then you'd vote 15 years.

I hope this all makes sense. :confused: Have fun!

Robyn :)

Started in TKD at age 7 and havnt stopped training since:asian:

:goop:

S

stacks

I started training in kenpo when was 30 and after getting my black bellt, Julie and I moved 120 miles north and open our own dojo and have been teaching professionaly ever since.

stacks :karate:

Y

yilisifu

I was seven, but I couldn't really understand much of what I saw...and what they tried to teach me!

W

warrior.mama

I was 39 when I started in kenpo and have now been involved in the art and my school for 6 1/2 years.

L

lonekimono

I was coming home from school one day and the bully of the school beat me up and put me in a trash can:mad: so when i got home my father beat me for getting my good shirt ripped in the fight.
The next day i was standing on the back steps and when i looked over across the way i saw this boy doing the star block,i went up to him and i asked him what is this called? he said KENPO.
That was in 1965 I was 10 years old.

yours in kenpo:asian:
when in doubt don;t

Greggers69

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well heck I was 33 years old. I wanted to start Kenpo for years but there wasn't any where I live for a long time. Now there is 3 active schools and one where some people work out in a garage. But the wait was well worth it . :asian:

L

Laevolus

Well, I started Wado Ryu Karate when I was about 16, but stopped due to lack of cash.

So I guess I'd put 27 when I started properly, after splitting from my ex-wife.

Been training ever since.....although not as dedicated as I'd like to be :D

Latest Discussions