How old were you when you first started Martial Arts?

How old were you when you started Martial Arts?

• 10 years old or under

Votes: 107 23.8%
  • 11 years old to 15

Votes: 114 25.4%
  • 16 years old to 19

Votes: 78 17.4%
  • 20 years old to 29

Votes: 74 16.5%
  • 30 years old to 39

Votes: 54 12.0%
  • 40 years old to 49

Votes: 29 6.5%
  • 50 years old to 59

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60 years old and up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

cosgod

I was 36 when I started aikido - after years of being bored with aerobics. I've been training for almost two years, and I never imagined I would like it as much as I do - I was born a clutz and will die a clutz - but I truely love the art of this martial art. And the martial is a nice side benefit - a little 'lagniappe' as we say down south. Sometimes I wish I had started earlier when your muscles are a bit more 'trainable', but I am relishing the challenge of learning now, and I look forward to many years of life with aikido!

OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Thanks to everyone who has voted and posted so far! :)

Nice to see you on here, Cosgod! (We go to the same dojo;) )
Robyn :wavey:

F

FLY

I started Shito-Ryu when I was 7...only lasted for a couple of years, got my first 2 belts then quit.
I started Tracy's Kenpo when I was 25 (this time actually studying and taking it alot more serious) and I will be testing for my green belt next Saturday.

:asian:

F

FLY

Originally posted by The Opal Dragon

Hey Fly,
Lots of luck on your belt test! :samurai: :ninja:

Robyn :)

Thank you Robyn. Currently I'm working out of town (logging camp), so I'm only home on weekends, making it difficult to just maintain my level:( but I manage to find time to train still (on company time;) :D ) I'll post again next Saturday and let everyone know how I did.

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Started boxing when i was 6, Uechi-Ryu at 10.....discontinued Uechi, and ahve studied a few different things since then. I haven't stopped training.....except for a knee problem that shut me down when i was 13.

Cheers

Bao.

T

The Sapphire Ping Dragon

Hi Twin Dragon!!!! :wavey:

Thanks for telling me about this site, Robyn! It's really cool! Okay, I started doing Tang Soo Do when I was almost 9 years old. I have been doing it for 5 years and I still LOVE it!!!!! :D I am a 1st degree Red Belt.

Have a nice day everybody!!! :)

Brittany :asian:

F

FLY

Originally posted by FLY

I'll post again next Saturday and let everyone know how I did.

Well...I'm exhausted, tired and sore but I made it to green:D
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sleep for the rest of the weekend;)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi all :)

I was 37 when I first started training in Kenpo, then a car accident put me out of commission for a long time. I earned my orange belt at 40 and am now ready to test for brown 2. My husband and I now own our own Dojo and I love every moment of training and teaching. I may not be as a high kicker as the young adult students but I can keep up with the best of them :)

Tess who's 42 now :)

S

shihantae

I started in Jan 1964 at age 11. I turned 12 that august.
My first system was Wing Chun(but not my last. :D

Peace,
Tae

Latest Discussions