How many belts

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
How many BB do you have? I have three. My firsth bb that I earned back in 1987, a spare one that I bought several years ago (a plain BB) and the last is a three inch wide full embroided my actual sambunim gave me 3 years ago. I only use my firsth bb for everithing, the other two are hanging on my closet. I am thinking buying a fourth bb from eosin panther cause I really like them so much.

Manny

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been given several over the years. (Changed schools & the instructor wanted their schools name on my belt). Now I only have two that I wear regularly. One is my "dress belt" that has the stripes etc. that my KJN requires for official events. My every day belt has my name on one side & Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan on the other (both in Korean). Both belts are Eosin Panther.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Zero, so far. Hopefully, by this fall, one.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
<shrugs> At least over a dozen. Once you've been in the martial arts a while and you've been teaching, people tend to give them to you as gifts. Same thing with uniforms.

I've got a few nice ones, embroidered with my name and style(s) in kanji. My favorite ones are still the plain thick cotton ones that cost less than 10 bucks each. Been wearing them for years through some rough workouts and they still look nice and crisp. (How on earth do the guys with tattered belts get them that way?)

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have eight, but three of them are specifically from kumdo, one dress belt from hapkido, two from taekwondo, and one that I currently wear regularly. It has my name in Hangul at one end and our federations in Hangul at the other and I wear it to any class at our school.

Daniel

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
one (not counting the previous ranks and levels)
Has my name on it and the Organizational name in hangul..

(and sadly it's still as soft as a 2x4, have not put it on often since I got it...)

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
id guess at least a dozen. Moved around a bit, one or 2 preferred their own schools belt, got new ones with each Dan, ruined one, bought a few more, at first they were special. Over time, I kind-of realized they were just a belt. Sure the first few ment a lot and when I could not wear them because I was in a new school it bothered me.

Now I could care less. I dont know, maybe sooner or later we all get there. Maybe I have a close relation ship with my GM and original Masters that the belt wasn't important, the close and personal bond is.

:idunno: