How many and differances in Shaolin Kempo

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
If a person studies only via video he will have the same chance in the street as the lay person who acts as his own attorney does in court.
:sniper:
Well there go all the video sales.....
Personally I always tried to gain my knowledge from the inside of match books...If you're old enough you may remember "learn judo in your own home 25 cents...used to be inside the page of comic books...(when they sold for a dime)

Hisgracecase

White Belt
Reaction score
I already know how to drive. I never ordered the "Judo for $.25" course, I did however study Judo at a good school when I was in my teens. For those who gave some encouragement for my situation of having to "distance study", thanks.
As for the $$$$aspect of DVD , nothing in life comes free,not even a physical dojo; only salvation thru
Jesus Christ. GM Vila...'s organization is no exception. However if I had an active SKK
school closer than overnight away I would definately be there. In the meantime
I'll have to do the best I can. Thanks.......................

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I already know how to drive. I never ordered the "Judo for $.25" course, I did however study Judo at a good school when I was in my teens. For those who gave some encouragement for my situation of having to "distance study", thanks.
As for the $$$$aspect of DVD , nothing in life comes free,not even a physical dojo; only salvation thru
Jesus Christ. GM Vila...'s organization is no exception. However if I had an active SKK
school closer than overnight away I would definately be there. In the meantime
I'll have to do the best I can. Thanks.......................

Hisgracecase,
Look, many of us understand your situation. Not being able to train live sucks big time. I was in that same situation for a couple of years and I hated it. If you go back through my posts, you'll find me lamenting about it at length. I also had the Villari DVD set and even video tested for brown belt with them. I wrote about my honest experience and what the shortfalls of this type of training are. I already had a brown belt in Shotokan and had trained live for over a year in SKK before using the videos so I wasn't coming from a novice perspective.

There is nothing wrong with training on your own as long as you don't confuse it for live training. It's simply not the same thing. Far too much is lost between the live and video training format. So while it is sometimes unfortunately neccessary to train on your own, it isn't even close to training live. It's like the difference between anything that you can watch on a dvd and then try it out with a live partner. It just aint the same.

Latest Discussions