How is it possible? Kicking Magic Power?

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm always asked, but did not find out how this can be done so as not to break his foot

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
the second part here, Ukrainian makiwara))

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's nothing magic about kicking with the toes, primarily the big toe. It's all about conditioning. Go look up Uechi-ryu.

They do it bare foot.

The second video he's wearing boots. Again nothing magic. Tighten the foot & let the boot do the work for you.

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the info, the second video with humor))))

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah its no big deal really. I like to lay the 60 pound heavy bag on the floor and kick it across the dojo with toe kicks on the bottom of the bag, moving it a few inches every kick. Once your taught the bone structure needed for the foot it's only a matter of working the foot muscles with lots of practice. It could take a few years to get a really good sokusen kick and most people don't have that kind of patients

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yeah its no big deal really. I like to lay the 60 pound heavy bag on the floor and kick it across the dojo with toe kicks on the bottom of the bag, moving it a few inches every kick. Once your taught the bone structure needed for the foot it's only a matter of working the foot muscles with lots of practice. It could take a few years to get a really good sokusen kick and most people don't have that kind of patients
it's interesting, I'll will try soon

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Training in nature, practiced kicking on the sturdy oak (Oak does not hurt :)) Demonstration of proper kicking, without pushing. Explains the benefits of working out a kick. In the end there is a unique method.

Latest Discussions