Hook Me Up

K

Kirk

Anyone want to take a shot at describing Elbow Set (1 ... not sure
if there is a 2) for me? I want to add it to my website. I just
learned it about a month ago, and I'm not sure I have it all down
anyways.

That's a new one on me. Is it a formal required set?

I remember we had a "Stomp Set", basically a drill going through different configs of a stomp. I.e., ball of foot to rear, heel to the front, etc.

I'd be interested in hearing more on the Elbow Set though!

Originally posted by Kirk
anyways.

As I understand it, Elbow Set is a common misnomer for Striking Set 2. This may also explain why there is no 1 or 2.

Mr. C would know for sure. But I chimed in to be "put on the list" of those that want to know whatever story there is behind this.

There are lots of Elbows. I have called it Elbow Set before as a joke before I knew about this potential "misnomer."
:)

Originally posted by cdhall
There are lots of Elbows. I have called it Elbow Set before as a joke before I knew about this potential "misnomer."
:)

I meant that there are lots of Elbows in the set. I'm surprised you didn't find this already...

Mr. Billings also has a description on his site:
http://www.kenpo-texas.com/
he uses frames, so I can't provide the Exact link, but it is Striking Set 2 in his list of sets. I hadn't been used to checking his site for anything but techniques so I'll say again that his site is an excellent resource for descriptions of techniques, sets and forms.
:asian:

Very interesting! Striking Set 2 is very close to our elbow set.
I had no idea about the info you gave me Doug .. thanks!

anyways.

In the system I take we actually have an elbow set. Starting with the right side it goes inward elbow, outward elbow, backward elbow, upward elbow, downward elbow, and obscure elbow. Then repeat with the left side. This set is a yellow belt requirement at our school.

My school has one also (Nick Cerio's). Sequence of upward and downward elbowes, inward and outward strikes, backward elbows. This is also a yellow belt reqirement. Then the same sequence with footwork, and lastly add fist strikes to each elbow to inentify and hit multiple targets. I don't remeber at what level these were tested, but it was early. Fairly simple. (Example, outward elbow followed by hammerfist, inward elbow followed by backfist.)

Me like elbows :D At my size, they're a great weapon if someone gets a bit too close.

Anyone want to take a shot at describing Elbow Set

What Elbow Set?:confused:

I want to add it to my website.

That will be easy, there isn't one.....:p

I just learned it about a month ago, and I'm not sure I have it all down anyways.

WHAT A "secret" elbow set? (Kirk show it to me....please) hee hee don't tell Ricardo about it!~:D

:asian:

I learned it from Maung Gyi, it is nothing like striking set 2 though!

Back