Honest discussion wanted plz no flaming

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
will work in real world situations, pumping gas guy puts a gun in your face. You can't run that's not an option, The person really seems agitated likely to shoot at any second it's not ideal to try and fight this person off but better to die trying to survive then on your knees begging. I really want to study a system that would give me a better than 50% chance to make it home from an encounter like this. It may sound far fetched but turn on the news happens all the time.

Someone who takes the time to put a gun to your face (therefore, almost touching) is probably not looking to kill you. Just give them your wallet. Most assassins will just shoot you w/o getting up that close nor say much, if anything. Even someone pissed off or wanting revenge or something, wouldn't get that close before shooting.

I can show you at least 10 to maybe 15 CCTV videos of such real executions where they don't come right up and close to the victims with their gun. Although this doesn't guarantee anything, it's just way too risky to try to fight back vs. someone who just surprised you with a drawn gun. I have another 10 or so videos where heroes get shot, trying to take the gun away.

But such close range actually gives you a much better chance of disarming them....that's why if they're street-smart, they wouldn't get that close to you. And that's also why once you disarm someone's gun, you do not immediately point it at them to end the threat verbally or to shoot....otherwise, you risk them using disarming methods against you at such close range (esp. if the gun being an auto, jams during the struggle and only "clicks" when you shoot).....you should first hit him in the face with his own gun, then step back a few steps while racking the slide.....then you point it at them and/or shoot.

This is what I trained in Krav Maga.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions