Hmais "Hall of Fame"

K

kenpoman

If I were to ask Michael Jackson if he molested those kids, how would he answer? I'm guessing, he would say, "of course not." He was just acquitted. Many feel he was vindicated, and was telling the truth. Others feel he was lucky to have slipped through, and was as guilty as can be. I haven't been to neverland, so asking Michael would not put me any closer to a verifiable answer. This has to do with logic, not Jaime Abregana's character.

Some personal beliefs may even CONTRADICT the strict rules of logic

D.Ho

K

kenpoman

I knew a nominee or two (or more), and I guess I just ended up on the list, so to speak. And, actually, it seems that some nominees had questions.
To avoid any confusion, questions should be referred to Mr. Abregana.​

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mod. Note.
Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful.

-MJS
-MT Moderator-

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
kenpoman said:

As you suggested, I have emailed Mr. Abregana and submitted the question to his bulletin board / yahoo group.

The text went like this:
I received an email that the banquet had been canceled due to a burglary at Professor Abregana's house, and when someone who had been planning on attending asked a question about it on another board, I answered. The guy also asked about the police report, and I asked a friend who lives in Hawaii to look it up, and he couldn't find it. I recommended that he ask Gerry Scott, as he is a HMAIS member and a former police officer, and could clear it right up. Then Gerry Scott and this guy Don Ho got snippy with me like I was doing something wrong, and said I had to ask Mr. Abregana, so I'm doing it now.

Thanks,

Matt

K

kenpoman

Mod. Note.

-MJS
-MT Moderator-

I received an email that the banquet had been canceled due to a burglary at Professor Abregana's house, and when someone who had been planning on attending asked a question about it on another board, I answered. The guy also asked about the police report, and I asked a friend who lives in Hawaii to look it up, and he couldn't find it. I recommended that he ask Gerry Scott, as he is a HMAIS member and a former police officer, and could clear it right up. Then Gerry Scott and this guy Don Ho got snippy with me like I was doing something wrong, and said I had to ask Mr. Abregana, so I'm doing it now.

Thanks,

Matt

Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put water into the teapot, it becomes teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash! Be water, my friend...

Bruce Lee TAO of Jeet Kun Do

D.Ho

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
kenpoman said:
Mod. Note.

-MJS
-MT Moderator-

Then Gerry Scott and this guy Don Ho got snippy with me like I was doing something wrong, and said I had to ask Mr. Abregana, so I'm doing it now.

Thanks,

Matt

It seemed very snippy to me. I figured that was the most polite way I could describe it, with the colors, underlines, SHOUTING, multiple replies, etc. I'm sorry if you feel my characterization / description was inaccurate.

Matt

K

kenpoman

It seemed very snippy to me. I figured that was the most polite way I could describe it, with the colors, underlines, SHOUTING, multiple replies, etc. I'm sorry if you feel my characterization / description was inaccurate.

Matt

If you assume that I was acting irrationally, then you’ll perceive me as being part of the problem. That will be your reality. You may choose to ignore the possibility that my actions had any value, and this will blind you to any wisdom or advice I may offer.

D.Ho

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So what _is_ the story? Was there a police report? Did they apprehend the thief?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for clarification. The warning was a general in thread warning. This was not directed at one specific person, but to anyone involved in the discussion. Portions of this thread seemed as if they were getting heated, people were baiting, etc.

Please, lets return to the topic of the thread and keep the slamming of others and the personal shots off the board!! There is an ignore feature on everyones profile. Feel free to use it if you do not wish to read someones posts!

Thank you,

Mike

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
DavidCC said:
So what _is_ the story? Was there a police report? Did they apprehend the thief?

Not sure. No answer from Mr. Abregana yet, and my post to the HMAIS discussion board (as seen verbatim in one of my previous posts) apparently did not pass muster with the moderator.

I'll be sure to post right away when I have further information.

Matt

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings,

I made contact with Mr Abregana, no answer was given. I would let this issue go. I never indended for my original question to go this far.
Lets move on and enjoy this holiday weekend.
Happy 4th of July :supcool:

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
kenpoman said:

Well, now three people have contacted Mr. Abregana. Three people have been met with deafening silence. I would not say we avoided confusion. We have however avoided an answer. It sure does seem like someone wants something swept under the rug.

Mr. Abregana seems unwilling or unable to resolve the question. I guess it's back to asking other folks in Hawaii. I'm awfully curious now.

Matt

Dozer_D8

White Belt
Reaction score
I was told that two Hmais directors used their own money for Hmais business expenses and were never repaid. These amounts are $150 for one and $490. for the other. Still no info on the police report. All is still quiet on the Hmais front.

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt said:
Well, now three people have contacted Mr. Abregana. Three people have been met with deafening silence. I would not say we avoided confusion. We have however avoided an answer. It sure does seem like someone wants something swept under the rug.

Mr. Abregana seems unwilling or unable to resolve the question. I guess it's back to asking other folks in Hawaii. I'm awfully curious now.

Matt

I guess it's not a top priority at the HMAIS newsgroup.

Hello,

Your message to the HawaiiMartialArtsInternationalSociety group was not
approved.
The owner of the group controls the content posted to it and has the
right to approve or reject messages accordingly.

In this case, your message was automatically rejected because the
moderator didn't approve it within 14 days. We do this to provide a
high quality of service for our users.

A complete copy of your message has been attached for your
convenience.

Thank you for choosing Yahoo! Groups

Regards,

Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Since they already had non-refundable tickets to Hawaii, my instructor, the President of our schools, and an assistant instructor (Shawn Steiner, Christopher Geary and Melvin Mohammed), went to Hawaii for the week, despite the cancelled banquet.

They had a great week, spent time sharing techniques with some very friendly and experienced martial artists (to whom I must apologize becasue I cannot spell your names :) They brought back a very nasty 2-hand lapel grab combo that has more than one of us a little sore today. Also, we compared notes and determined that Uni (sea urchin) is nasty no matter where you eat it.

They also got an earful about the upcoming A&E documentary on Hawaiin martial arts and Kenpo... which I already knew about thanks to Martial Talk :D man did I look smart! Thanks Prof Shuras, Kelly K, GAB and the whole thread-locking-Mitose-arguing crew LOL :asian:

While they were there the HMAIS recognized Christopher Geary as "Professor", recognizing his 7th dan, and our organization was presented with "School of the Year 2004".

-David
www.kempokarate.com
www.christophergeary.com

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
With everything the Hmias has been through as of late, I'm sure the money was greatly appreciated

:cheers:

Dozer_D8

White Belt
Reaction score
Congradulations to Mr Geary, your Instructor.:supcool: I'm glad that he didn't suffer a total lose.

Strange that the Hmais has time for all of this and still cannot answer any emails or phone calls. :idunno:

At most of the Hmais Hall of Fames a few dozen promotions are handed out.:rolleyes:

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Kai said:
With everything the Hmias has been through as of late, I'm sure the money was greatly appreciated

:cheers:
Oh, well I'm sure it would have been if it wasn't stolen a few weeks ago... :btg:

Dozer_D8 said:
Congradulations to Mr Geary, your Instructor.:supcool: I'm glad that he didn't suffer a total lose...At most of the Hmais Hall of Fames a few dozen promotions are handed out.:rolleyes:
Not to nitpcik, but Shawn Steiner is my instructor, Mr. Geary is the President and teaches at our other location (we have 2). Also, it wasn't really a promotion exactly but it is nice. Thanks :D

Dozer_D8

White Belt
Reaction score
Could you give us some info on who Professor Gary trained with while he was out there?:idunno: Did anyone else receive those paper Hall of Fame certificates or rank promotions?:idunno: I hope that others received something for their hard earned money.:rolleyes:

Latest Discussions