SL-4 in Europe

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now that I am almost awake; I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in England and Ireland for such a warm, and successful tour. Dublin was simply great, the turnout was tremendous, and everyone was very gracious, (even though they kept me up all night asking questions :)) The people there are really enthisiastic and are already requesting a return this year. It was fabulous to see so many people from 10 or 11 different organizations working together in one place with no egos. Much thanks to Vivion Spain and the committee for spearheading the event. (Although I wonder why Vivion had me knock his son out. :))

England was, as usual, awesome with the most gracious hosts I could ever have. Seeing the tremendous improvement since my last visit was absolutely heart warming. SubLevel Four kenpo is definitely alive and well in Europe and Kevin Mills is an awesome teacher. It was especially great to put a face on Simon Curran who I knew only from this forum. He's a tremendously gracious and enthusiastic black belt. (A really big guy too! better be nice to him). Can't forget my "English daughter," "Shor-Tay." Sweet as always and I'll see you soon when you come over. Igor, looking good and a good student. Too many to mention, as all were great.

Many thanks to Grandmaster Bob Rose for the kind words, and as always much love for Kevin Mills, and "her majesty" Jenni Mills who put up with me. A special word for Scott Mills; stop bringing your friends by for me to knock out so you can video tape it. We should start charging! :) Also a shoutout for Amrik who was always there when we needed him. See you next month.

From Myself and Rod Perez, we miss you already and look forward to spending training time, (and dinner) next month. Thanks for a great trip.

P.S. Congrats to Tony Blair

OP
Doc

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
rutherford said:
Doc, you make me wish I was in your lineage. :asian:
That was a very kind thing to say. Thank you. You'd fit perfectly with the other 6 software engineers I have. :) I like you "brainy guys." It makes me feel I'm smart too. :)

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Brainy? I'm just a fool wondering what I did to make the universe slap me the way it has today, and only slightly smart enough to recognize that it's a pattern - probably caused by my behavior.

No, you handle yourself with a lot of class, and that's all I meant. I hope that someday I have enough experience with my taijutsu to have a discussion with you or somebody you taught.

In the meantime, I enjoy your posts.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sir, I would like to say that the pleasure was entirely mine, I enjoyed every minute, and would like to repeat the experience some time soon.:asian:

I'm not a black belt though sir, and armed with the few things you gave us I would happily go back to wearing a white belt in order to learn some more.
Once again many thanks.

OP
Doc

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
Sir, I would like to say that the pleasure was entirely mine, I enjoyed every minute, and would like to repeat the experience some time soon.:asian:

I'm not a black belt though sir, and armed with the few things you gave us I would happily go back to wearing a white belt in order to learn some more.
Once again many thanks.
You're not? I would have swore you were. Wow, I guess that just tells you how much attention I pay to such things. No matter, it's all about knowledge anyway. Belts are just ill conceived decorations. That's why mine is plain. Hope to see you again soon my new friend.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
You're not? I would have swore you were. Wow, I guess that just tells you how much attention I pay to such things. No matter, it's all about knowledge anyway. Belts are just ill conceived decorations. That's why mine is plain. Hope to see you again soon my new friend.
Not a problem sir, I am of the same opinion, I would rather be a knowledgable white belt than an undeserving black belt.

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
From Myself and Rod Perez, we miss you already and look forward to spending training time, (and dinner) next month. Thanks for a great trip.

Sir,

Just saw this thread so apologise for the lateness in replying, it was an honour and a pleasure to have you with us once again. Thank you to yourself and Mr Perez a quality student.

I am so glad that I was greedy and hungry for knowledge that I attended your seminar in Ireland as well certainly worth the trip.

Looking forward to seeing you next month Dinner sounds great would midnight be too soon :) I know you will be making us work hard so I'm sure I'll have built up an appetite by then.

Please pass on my deepest regards to Mr Perez a true gentleman and hopefully friend to us all.

Amrik

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:

Hi Simon,

strange that I felt exactly the same however wearing a plain black belt and my new uniform courtesy of the Doc I felt good just hope I didn't make too many screw ups to have the Doc shout at me or worse knock me out repeatedly :)

If you haven't looked yet there are some nice posts on our forum regarding the Doc and the seminars why not pop over and add a comment of your own. Don't be a stranger.

Amrik
http://www.bkku.com

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
kenposikh said:
Hi Simon,

strange that I felt exactly the same however wearing a plain black belt and my new uniform courtesy of the Doc I felt good just hope I didn't make too many screw ups to have the Doc shout at me or worse knock me out repeatedly :)

If you haven't looked yet there are some nice posts on our forum regarding the Doc and the seminars why not pop over and add a comment of your own. Don't be a stranger.

Amrik
Thanks Amrik, will do that.:asian:

SION

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:

Good to hear that you had a great time Simon.

Once again many thanks.
Thats exactly what when through my mind 5 years ago, funny the effect the Doc has!

C

SION

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
kenposikh said:
Hi Simon,

Its not only the Doc you got to worry about, I am all over your A**

Amrik
Great site!

C

JenniM

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
Many thanks to Grandmaster Bob Rose for the kind words, and as always much love for Kevin Mills, and "her majesty" Jenni Mills who put up with me. A special word for Scott Mills; stop bringing your friends by for me to knock out so you can video tape it. We should start charging!
smile.gif
Also a shoutout for Amrik who was always there when we needed him. See you next month.

It was entirely our pleasure to have you both here again in "sunny ole England" - the Seminar was as always fantastic and had a profound effect on all those who attended - you never fail to deliver - and some!!!! The video of Rob (Scott's friend) is going to be the subject of hilarity in the classroom for many months to come I think!! Scott will be taking bookings the next time you are over - he never misses an opportunity lol!! - Kevin is continuing to work us hard and do you proud and we are continuing to train and do him proud!! - Much love and hugs back at you and see you next month - looking forward to the training and the chinese buffet!!! x x x

JenniM

Orange Belt
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
Simon it was good to meet you and your brother and watch you lose consciousness for a little while! You did get me with the Yorkshire accent though - not what I was expecting !! Hope to see you again very soon - you will always be welcome.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
JenniM said:
Simon it was good to meet you and your brother and watch you lose consciousness for a little while! You did get me with the Yorkshire accent though - not what I was expecting !! Hope to see you again very soon - you will always be welcome.
Thankyou also ma'am, it was a real pleasure for both of us.

The accent thing throws a lot of people off...
Thanks again for the invite, and I hope we have the oportunity to take you up on it some time soon.:asian:

With respect
Simon (and Matt by proxy...)

SION

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
Now that I am almost awake; I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in England and Ireland for such a warm, and successful tour. Dublin was simply great, the turnout was tremendous, and everyone was very gracious, (even though they kept me up all night asking questions :)) The people there are really enthisiastic and are already requesting a return this year. It was fabulous to see so many people from 10 or 11 different organizations working together in one place with no egos. Much thanks to Vivion Spain and the committee for spearheading the event. (Although I wonder why Vivion had me knock his son out. :))

England was, as usual, awesome with the most gracious hosts I could ever have. Seeing the tremendous improvement since my last visit was absolutely heart warming. SubLevel Four kenpo is definitely alive and well in Europe and Kevin Mills is an awesome teacher. It was especially great to put a face on Simon Curran who I knew only from this forum. He's a tremendously gracious and enthusiastic black belt. (A really big guy too! better be nice to him). Can't forget my "English daughter," "Shor-Tay." Sweet as always and I'll see you soon when you come over. Igor, looking good and a good student. Too many to mention, as all were great.

Many thanks to Grandmaster Bob Rose for the kind words, and as always much love for Kevin Mills, and "her majesty" Jenni Mills who put up with me. A special word for Scott Mills; stop bringing your friends by for me to knock out so you can video tape it. We should start charging! :) Also a shoutout for Amrik who was always there when we needed him. See you next month.

P.S. Congrats to Tony Blair
This is my second attempt, who knows what happened to the first one!

Ireland was certainly a blast, with both yourself and Rod on top form, hats off to Vivian for helping to sort that side of the tour out.

You were both very welcome, I know that just about everyone who attended that weekend walked away with more then they came with. I have had Mails in from people outside of our group telling me how much they enjoyed the time with you. Rods extra sessions were also an eye opener, Rods da man.

I am looking forward to getting together soon. Say hi to all the guys for me.

C

Latest Discussions