Hillary, on facing the public

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_...ards_blasts_hillary_clinton_over.html?ref=rss

Clinton's team admitted Friday to asking a Grinnell College student to pose a question about global warming during a recent Iowa campaign stop.

Clinton spokesman Blake Zeff retorted, "Attacking Democrats is the kind of thing George Bush does, and isn't the way you campaign in Iowa or New Hampshire."

What??? Is this guy serious?

Another man, Geoffrey Mitchell, claims a staffer at an April event urged him to ask an Iraq war question that would allow for a favorable comparison between Clinton and rival Barack Obama.

Could this be a prelude of what could come? Can we just shrug off the behavior of her staff? (We seem to just shrug off the fact her husband was impeached, so should this really matter?) Do we just vote the party line, or should we examine these candidates and keep them accountable?

Will Hillary clean up her campaign practices? Tune in next week... :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hillary doesn't even know where she stands on anything, so why expect integrity from her or her campaign?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hillary doesn't even know where she stands on anything, so why expect integrity from her or her campaign?

Hillary stands for gaining power. If you view her actions from that perspective, she has incredible integrity.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hilary Clinton is a worse choice for President than Dubya. She's better than him.
A better liar
A better crook
A better scoundral
A better shifty type
etc.

In the event she wins, kiss what's left of this country goodbye.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Problem is, if she's the nominee, she won't be running against shrub.

If the choice is Hillary or Rudy?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Except, that is the only person any of the dem's are actively campaigning against...

Rudy, by a mile, although he is far from the perfect candidate, he isn't as transparently opportunistic as that woman. But then, who is?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or stop being stuck in the "I got 2 choices" moron-mindset and start majorly pushing a 3rd party candidate. Perot made a huge dent, and they changed the rules to keep 3rd parties weak. Regardless of who is running, I won't be voting for a Democrook or a Republicrook.

Green, Libertarian, Constitution, etc....
Hell, I might even vote Communist, lol....just not Distillery.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score

HRC

That way we can go ALL THE WAY from the uber-secure "show me your papers" neo-con "I'm the Decider" phase to the Nanny-State "I know better than you and will take care of you, like it or not" phase.

It will be a good change. Keeps us from getting bored. I, for one, am growing tired of the "1984 World".

Besides, this country needs a good bowel movement, and HRC is just the lady to help us out with that!

hillaryvl6.jpg

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Or stop being stuck in the "I got 2 choices" moron-mindset and start majorly pushing a 3rd party candidate. Perot made a huge dent, and they changed the rules to keep 3rd parties weak. Regardless of who is running, I won't be voting for a Democrook or a Republicrook.

Green, Libertarian, Constitution, etc....
Hell, I might even vote Communist, lol....just not Distillery.

I wish that everyone who is tired of voting would vote for ANY third party candidate!

Of course, I also know that if any third party candidate won, they would be shot. The people who REALLY run the govt (hint --> its not the politicians) don't play. Not even a little.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I voted for Nader in '00 ... I believe the choice to vote 3rd party was erroneous. As I recall, the opinion then was that Mr. Gore and Mr. Bush were so much alike, it made little difference which ended up in the Oval. Voting for a 3rd Party candidate might send a message to both parties.

It didn't work out that way, did it?

One now has an Oscar and a Nobel.
The other is stuck in Iraq.

As much as the idea is appealing, in the end, I believe it created our current set of problems.

P.S. - I do object to campaigning, and debating, that has become scripted answers to scripted questions. Sound Bite Politics suck.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I just hope that big media allows a creative commons license for any debates that may happen during the general campaign. What are the odds of that, though? Slim and none.

That, and, depending on how widespread electronic voting is in the general election, the vote may not matter (its the ones who COUNT the votes that decide an election). :uhyeah:

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm an upstate NYer who is mystified by her popularity up here. The only thing I'm aware of that she has done for this area is push for more flood relief funds, along with Charles Schumer. We're still waiting for the 200,000 jobs she promised us when running for her first term.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I voted for Nader in '00 ... I believe the choice to vote 3rd party was erroneous. As I recall, the opinion then was that Mr. Gore and Mr. Bush were so much alike, it made little difference which ended up in the Oval. Voting for a 3rd Party candidate might send a message to both parties.

It didn't work out that way, did it?

One now has an Oscar and a Nobel.
The other is stuck in Iraq.

As much as the idea is appealing, in the end, I believe it created our current set of problems.

P.S. - I do object to campaigning, and debating, that has become scripted answers to scripted questions. Sound Bite Politics suck.

Had Gore won, we still may have ended up in Iraq. His experience being VP when we had so many military actions around the world may have given him the same overconfidence that Bush's ignorance gave him.

I do highly doubt that Mr./Gov. Bush would have been awarded such prizes. Who knows, maybe Mr. Gore has done more good not being president than he could have done being president?

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
... maybe Mr. Gore has done more good not being president than he could have done being president?
I agree. I think all democrats should continue to do more by not being president than they could do as president.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had Gore won, we still may have ended up in Iraq. His experience being VP when we had so many military actions around the world may have given him the same overconfidence that Bush's ignorance gave him.

I do highly doubt that Mr./Gov. Bush would have been awarded such prizes. Who knows, maybe Mr. Gore has done more good not being president than he could have done being president?

I agree, and would suggest that the WoT may have been more effectively managed under the Dems if ONLY because, with their people in power, a lot of the "anti-war" folks wouldn't have been sabotaging our every effort.

I really don't think the Dems would handle things much differently at all. Not sure if that makes me hate them more or less for their intransigence.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did you see Mr. McCain, facing his public?

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/11/13/john-mccain-supporter-on-hillary-how-do-we-beat-the-*****/

To watch that clip, you will need to alter the profanity filter astericks. The astericks should be the correct term for a female canine.

At a house party, one of the McCain supporters refers to Senator Clinton as "the *****". ---

Senator McCain tried to artfully stear away from the vitriolic rhetoric, but the issue was pushed again by another member of the 'public', and although embarrased, Mr. McCain apparently couldn't take himself, or his potential supporters down.

And, there are so many accusations about people hating President Bush. Some folks apparently spend time polishing a mirror.

Latest Discussions