Hillary's hospital stories: Misinformed?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting... I'm surprised the NY Times, who had staunchly supported her in the past, would question her stories.

Over the last five weeks, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York has featured in her campaign stump speeches the story of a health care horror: an uninsured pregnant woman who lost her baby and died herself after being denied care by an Ohio hospital because she could not come up with a $100 fee.

The woman, Trina Bachtel, did die last August, two weeks after her baby boy was stillborn at O’Bleness Memorial Hospital in Athens, Ohio. But hospital administrators said Friday that Ms. Bachtel was under the care of an obstetrics practice affiliated with the hospital, that she was never refused treatment and that she was, in fact, insured.

“We implore the Clinton campaign to immediately desist from repeating this story,” said Rick Castrop, chief executive officer of the O’Bleness Health System.

Rest of the article can be viewed here.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And is there any surprise that a story Hillary Clinton is using turns out not to be factual?

At this point, I think it'd be news if she recounted something factually!

Whatever else you may think of her, I think this speaks hugely to her character. She's been caught in "faulty recollections" left and right, and she constantly seems to be inflating her role in various of Bill Clinton's presidential actions.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So on the table for election are an ex-first lady who makes up stories and will bring Slick Willy back to the White House, a young senator who neglected to inform us that his pastor thinks 9/11 was God's will, and a stance-dancing conservative who thinks we should stay in Iraq for 100 years.

I'd opt to write in Bozo the Clown, but he's already in office.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And is there any surprise that a story Hillary Clinton is using turns out not to be factual?

At this point, I think it'd be news if she recounted something factually!

Whatever else you may think of her,
Anyone who doesn't think she is a pathological liar is a fool...
I think this speaks hugely to her character.
Hold the phone! The democrats told us, when Bill ran in 92, that character isn't important
She's been caught in "faulty recollections" left and right, and she constantly seems to be inflating her role in various of Bill Clinton's presidential actions.
She blows more hot air than Monica ever did.