Hillary, on facing the public

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did you see Mr. McCain, facing his public?

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/11/13/john-mccain-supporter-on-hillary-how-do-we-beat-the-*****/

To watch that clip, you will need to alter the profanity filter astericks. The astericks should be the correct term for a female canine.

At a house party, one of the McCain supporters refers to Senator Clinton as "the *****". ---

Senator McCain tried to artfully stear away from the vitriolic rhetoric, but the issue was pushed again by another member of the 'public', and although embarrased, Mr. McCain apparently couldn't take himself, or his potential supporters down.

And, there are so many accusations about people hating President Bush. Some folks apparently spend time polishing a mirror.
Are you claiming that word isn't a good description of her? Because, even her supporters know she is one.
"Accusations" You showed your hatred for the president with your, frankly childish, comment, earlier in this thread calling him shrub, you know, like the nutjobs do.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had Gore won, we still may have ended up in Iraq. His experience being VP when we had so many military actions around the world may have given him the same overconfidence that Bush's ignorance gave him.
While the following may seem a slam on Bush to some, it's not. It's simple, cold reality.

Gore is smarter than Bush. It's unlikely we'd be in Iraq now if he'd been elected. (Heck, who's to say 9/11 would've even happened? Gore wasn't ignorant to the world and reliant exclusively on advisers.) Iraq was irrelevant to the 9/11 attacks, and what's more, Gore wouldn't have lined his cabinet with neo-con doofs who advocated this nonsense in the first place.

Sorros

Orange Belt
Reaction score
While the following may seem a slam on Bush to some, it's not. It's simple, cold reality.

Gore is smarter than Bush. It's unlikely we'd be in Iraq now if he'd been elected. (Heck, who's to say 9/11 would've even happened? Gore wasn't ignorant to the world and reliant exclusively on advisers.) Iraq was irrelevant to the 9/11 attacks, and what's more, Gore wouldn't have lined his cabinet with neo-con doofs who advocated this nonsense in the first place.
It's a matter of public record that Bush had a higher GPA in college than Gore and Kerry.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score

What does Gore vs Bush in the last election or now or McCain have anything to do with with Hillary Clinton running for office?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What does Gore vs Bush in the last election or now or McCain have anything to do with with Hillary Clinton running for office?
It's called deflection, my friend, rather than attempt to defend the indefensible, they attack. It is very childish, and says a lot about the character (or lack thereof) of those who use it.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
A couple of random that this thread brings to mind...

How often are questions planted in this fashion? Are audiences on the campaign trail seeded with operatives or friendlies to create a positive spin? I think this case is timely in that earlier during the fires in California, a FEMA staffer (?) was dropped into a press conference to ask the right questions. Last I heard, FEMA wasn't talking about who was planted or who got called on the carpet. Has this become acceptable behaviour in politics and government?

Other random thought. Third parties. I've been watching Lou Dobbs pound his fists into his pulpit telling Americans to register as independents. How about a little money where the mouth. The networks allowed Ross Perot and Admiral Stockdale to debate Clinton and Bush Sr, and Gore and Quayle. Not so for Nader. Wouldn't be fair, they said, because then the debates would turn into wacky free-for-alls (like we're listening to now) with wacky candidates (like Perot, perhaps?)

The networks should skip the next dozen or so so-called debates among the Democrat and Republican camps, and start putting third-party and independents on the nightly news. See who's out there, what they're saying, what they want to do. If they're building numbers (not Hilary, Obama, or Juliani numbers), but numbers based up their campaign dollars, stick 'em on the big debate, and let's see what happens.

A man like Nader, for instance, whether you like him or not, has long standing commitment to public service. He's a workhorse. I'd be really interested seeing an independent shakes things up. If Perot can buy his way into the debates, there have got others who've earned their place there.

Sorros

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's called deflection, my friend, rather than attempt to defend the indefensible, they attack. It is very childish, and says a lot about the character (or lack thereof) of those who use it.
Marginal stated that gore was smarter than Bush. I just pointed out there college GPA.
It's called drinking the cool aid. Ignore the facts and attack the person making the statement.
When there not planting questions at college campain stops, they do it all the time.
Like not being able to answer a question about drivers licenses for illigal aliens.
They couldn't plant the questions at that debate.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Marginal stated that gore was smarter than Bush. I just pointed out there college GPA.
It's called drinking the cool aid. Ignore the facts and attack the person making the statement.
When there not planting questions at college campain stops, they do it all the time.
Like not being able to answer a question about drivers licenses for illigal aliens.
They couldn't plant the questions at that debate.
Yeah, uh, that wasn't aimed at you at all...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a matter of public record that Bush had a higher GPA in college than Gore and Kerry.
I live in a college town. A higher GPA is not necessarily a sign of greater intelligence. Not that I particularly care for any of the three mentioned above (moron, no personality, and lied about his military service, respectively).

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didn't bring it up out of the blue. Ask crushing why this is relevant.

That said, Bush's failure will present the Republicans with an uphill battle next election.

Sorros

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I didn't bring it up out of the blue. Ask crushing why this is relevant.

That said, Bush's failure will present the Republicans with an uphill battle next election.
Oh the dems are going to sweep the floor (House and Senate) this next election. The only thing that might save the elephants is, the only approval rating worse than Bush (34%) is the house and Nance P.14 % (can't spell that name)
This will only work tho if the liberal media harps on it. Which they won't.
The do nothing and did nothing Republican goverment, will be replace by the all Demacrat goverment.
Then hold on to your check book, because the social programs will double and taxes will soar.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I 'm baffled by this whole discussion.

Yes, it was disgraceful that the Clinton campaign planted questions. Yes it was disgraceful that McCain didn't tell the woman who used an epithet that, while it's OK to dislike a candidate, it is not OK to lower the discussion to that level. Yes it was disgraceful that FEMA fabricated a press conference.

So then why aren't you all out there campaigning for Dennis Kucinich? Or Ron Paul? Or yourselves?

Or have you swallowed the mainstream press' assertion that only Clinton and Giuliani are "electable"?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh the dems are going to sweep the floor (House and Senate) this next election. The only thing that might save the elephants is, the only approval rating worse than Bush (34%) is the house and Nance P.14 % (can't spell that name)
This will only work tho if the liberal media harps on it. Which they won't.
The do nothing and did nothing Republican goverment, will be replace by the all Demacrat goverment.
The way it's set up now, anything that is passed will get vetoed by the president, and the Senate majority is too slim to override most vetoes. The press is canny enough to have figured this out already.

(Pelosi's approval ratings aren't the same as the house's approval ratings BTW.)

Then hold on to your check book, because the social programs will double and taxes will soar.
If you think that's a horrible thing, I doubt you'll be quoting the polls stating the majority of Americans actually want things like national health care any time soon then.

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to vote for Hillary, but no Clinton has ever racked up what George W Bush has.

U.S. N[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]ATIONAL[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]D[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]EBT[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]C[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]LOCK[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The Outstanding Public Debt as of 16 Nov 2007 at 05:21:23 AM GMT is:
[/FONT]
debtiv.gif

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to vote for Hillary, but no Clinton has ever racked up what George W Bush has.

U.S. N[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]ATIONAL[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]D[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]EBT[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]C[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]LOCK[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The Outstanding Public Debt as of 16 Nov 2007 at 05:21:23 AM GMT is:
[/FONT]
debtiv.gif
Gee, I'm convinced.
Maybe if Bush hadn't gone along with every other liberal idea...
Remember, the EVIL No Child Left Behind? Who was standing next to the president when it was signed? Ted Kennedy... Nationalizing airport screeners, Department of Homeland Security, Prescription Drug Plan, none of these were the idealogical children of conservative ideals. Yes, George W Bush has made some huge mistakes, most of them were when he went along with the democrats rather than when he fought them.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Maybe if Bush hadn't gone along with every other liberal idea...
Remember, the EVIL No Child Left Behind? Who was standing next to the president when it was signed? Ted Kennedy... Nationalizing airport screeners, Department of Homeland Security, Prescription Drug Plan, none of these were the idealogical children of conservative ideals. Yes, George W Bush has made some huge mistakes, most of them were when he went along with the democrats rather than when he fought them.

Liberal ideas? I agree, they're not conservative ideas, but they're sure not liberal ideas.

The prescription drug plan was a giveaway to Big Pharma. Take money from the public, and give it to pharmaceutical corporations. A more liberal idea would be to be NEGOTIATE with pharmaceutical companies for bulk discounts for seniors--no different than any of us would do if we were buying 5 stereo systems instead of only 1. that would have saved everybody money. Actually, a truly liberal idea would be to expand Medicare to all Americans. Instead, Bush prohibited bulk discounts on meds for seniors, which ended up increasing costs for seniors, draining public funds, and filling the pockets of multinational pharmaceutical corporations.

The idea for the Department of Homeland Security came from the 9/11 Commission--a non-partisan panel.

No Child Left Behind? That was Bush's baby. A particularly conservative idea was to create mandates for schools, and not fully fund them, so the public schools are left holding the bag.

For the first four years of Bush's reign, he didn't have to work with Democrats at all--and indeed he didn't. Republican White House, and a very compliant Republican Congress. EVERYTHING Bush did was done exactly because he wanted it. So please don't claim that Bush was railroaded by Democrats. Dems couldn't even get their bills on the floor.

Since 2006, Dems in the Senate have a VERY slim majority, with Leiberman (and frequently Clinton) acting like a Republican. Even with a Democratic majority in the House, it is a very centrist body with many right leaning Dems--they do not vote as a bloc, as Repubs tend to. The Congress cannot override a veto or even a filibuster. At best, they can block the most right wing agenda.

Breaking the bank, overspending, giveaways to corporations, no-bid contracts, involvement in international affairs where we don't belong? This is the agenda of the NEOcons--truly not conservative, but definitely not liberal.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey. Hillery picked a side for now. When NY Gov. Spitzer finally dropped his asinine idea to give illegals drivers licences, she finally said it was a bad idea. Couldn't make up her mind until now.

Dumbass.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
From http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/11/diamond_v_pearl_student_blasts_1.php

"Diamonds v. Pearls" Student Blasts CNN (Updated With CNN Response)

16 Nov 2007 11:21 am
Maria Luisa, the UNLV student who asked Hillary Clinton whether she preferred "diamonds or pearls" at last night's debate wrote on her MySpace page this morning that CNN forced her to ask the frilly question instead of a pre-approved query about the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository.
"Every single question asked during the debate by the audience had to be approved by CNN," Luisa writes. "I was asked to submit questions including "lighthearted/fun" questions. I submitted more than five questions on issues important to me. I did a policy memo on Yucca Mountain a year ago and was the finalist for the Truman Scholarship. For sure, I thought I would get to ask the Yucca question that was APPROVED by CNN days in advance."

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, that's CNN. They manipulate things to their own needs. Just ask John Cena.

Latest Discussions