Hi All

ShuriLeopard

White Belt
Reaction score
My name is Bart Scovill, and I've been looking for some good new forums to play around on. This looks like a good one.

I'm a Sandan in Shuri-Ryu Karate and I've been training off and on since 1978. I've previously trained in Shorin-Ryu, Wado-Ryu, and Matsubayashi-Ryu. I'm a karate guy, but I like training grappling and ground fighting (which I believe are inherent in advanced karate). Despite years of stand up training, I've had three fights go to the ground, so I know how important it is to be able to fight from there.

Anyway, I look forward to participating.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Enjoy the forum! :)

Mike

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HI Bart,
welcome to the best forum on the net.
Looking forward to reading your thoughts on many subjects
sheldon

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Shuri

Small internet :D. I kept dropping over to the Cafe for a while but it seemed to have gone into one of those "quiet times" that websites sometimes do.

Anyhow, I think you'll find MT much to your liking. A broad spectrum of people and arts to get involved in.

Enjoy.

OP
ShuriLeopard

ShuriLeopard

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Shuri

Small internet :D. I kept dropping over to the Cafe for a while but it seemed to have gone into one of those "quiet times" that websites sometimes do.

Anyhow, I think you'll find MT much to your liking. A broad spectrum of people and arts to get involved in.

Enjoy.

Yes, it's a shame. I go back after weeks and there's nothing new. Used to have great energy.

Latest Discussions