Hey

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Lynne. I'm 49, mother of a Tang Soo Do student, Bonnie. Bonnie started TSD in September and conned me into attending class Tuesday night during "Buddy" week.

I loved it...even several days later with my abs on fire.

I'm joking about the conning. I've wanted to go to a class for quite awhile.

I made it through without puking or fainting :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Lynne and Welcome to MT ...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Enjoy your stay with us!:ultracool

Mike

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have my next class tomorrow. I can't wait.

My daughter spent 30 minutes last night teaching me how to tie my belt. I wouldn't have guessed that tying a belt was so difficult ;) Of course we were trying to get it perfect!

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ave.

That's how I felt when I sparred for the first time after years of no training :)

The sparring looks intense, a lot more intense than just about anything else. I can't imagine what sparring is like, just the few minutes of sparring at the end of class, let alone a sparring class. I watch one of the sparring classes. I can see where you'd get sick if you ran out of energy or weren't hydrated enough. One sparring class is right after the regular TSD. Ugh! There is no way anyone could get hydrated enough - 5 minutes between classes? I think people might be allowed to take breaks and drink some water during class - I'm not sure though.

I can't imagine doing a sparring class with no recent training. I did see a white belt sparring when you usually have to be an orange belt..he must have been a boxer at one point...he's pretty good. Yes, people look like they are about to die during those sparring classes -many a red face!

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT Lynne :wavey:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
welcome lynne and happy posting, this is the best place to be since we have such great people everywhere.

Latest Discussions