Hello

J

jvtkd

Hello all; I am a level three, 1st degree black belt/Trainee Instructor in Ho-Am TaeKwondo, in an organization known as the ITA (International TaeKwonDo Alliance)

Has anyone heard of our organization, by chance?

Just thought I'd say hello, since I'm new to the forums.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can't say I've heard of it, but that hardly stops it from existing so...

Welcome to MT! :) Maybe you could fill us in on it a bit.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

i have been out of TKD way to long to know most of the organisations out there today but I am happy to see a new person on the forum

OP
J

jvtkd

tshadowchaser said:
welcome to the forum

i have been out of TKD way to long to know most of the organisations out there today but I am happy to see a new person on the forum

It's fairly new so it's not much of a surprise that you haven't heard of it.

Here's the basic concept that we are trying to portray:

The Founding Members of the ITA began their TaeKwonDo training in 1970 and their professional association in 1977. Together, the ITA Masters in 1983 formed the foundation of what has become the International TaeKwonDo Alliance to share the spirit of an ancient art. By design, the name “Alliance” was chosen to define the independent but united relationship of member school Instructors.
The ITA is a TaeKwonDo curriculum, certification / standards, and events services company. ITA-licensed member schools are authorized to teach ITA curriculum, to use ITA standards to earn ITA certification of students’ rank and Instructor status, and to have their students attend ITA tournaments and camps. ITA-licensed member schools are not franchised schools but rather independently owned schools adhering to ITA policies.
ITA-G142_small.jpg

The International TaeKwonDo Alliance is built on the solid principles of its tenets: Honor, Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control, Courage and Community. The ITA mission is to empower member Instructors and students to enrich their personal, artistic, and professional lives through traditional TaeKwonDo training

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome and yes I have heard of your organization, It was not for me personally but it is a great org. I hope your stay will be a very pleasant one and I'm looking forward to your views.
Terry

OP
J

jvtkd

I appretiate the courtesy

My school is about to offer Tactical Short stick, Ground Fighting, and Sword Training as well, so I'm pretty excited about that.

In our type of TKD there are Forms (Hyungs) for all belts, increasing difficulty with each new belt (of course.)

Some belts have One Steps (basic attack and counter,) some have three steps (advanced attack and counter.)

You begin free-sparring as a green belt, as most people are not ready untill that belt is reached.

You only have to wait 2 months to test for each belt, untill black belt

There are 9 degrees of black belt, and there are four levels with each degree, untill 5th degree. Each level of a degree takes 4 months to test, changing to a new hyung when level 3 of that degree is reached. There are also age limitations, so you can't be like a 10 year old 4th degree.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone :p

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome - I can't say I'm familiar with your organization, although I think I've seen the acronym... I come from an ITF-style (Ch'ang H'on tul [pattern] set) myself, so there are relatively few people here who practice what I do, either. Happy posting!

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the group. I believe that a few of the ITA instructors were once members of the ATA. I've heard of them, good reputation.

Latest Discussions