Hello

ozm8ey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello' my name is Matthew and I'm from Australia. I have been doing Karate for about 2 and a half years but I'm only orange tip because I had an accident about a year ago to my ankle in which I had to have an operation. My fibula ruptured and I had to have a plate and screw put in but got them removed about 4 months later. Its a lot better now but still feel weird when i have to spin around a lot.

I'm 25 years old and my goal is to become black belt. The funny thing is when i first started my first class in karate I absolutely hated, but I just kept going and going. After about 2 months I started to feel good about, I think the reason people quit early is because the information is overwhelming and does your head in for a while.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, bro.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello' my name is Matthew and I'm from Australia. I have been doing Karate for about 2 and a half years but I'm only orange tip because I had an accident about a year ago to my ankle in which I had to have an operation. My fibula ruptured and I had to have a plate and screw put in but got them removed about 4 months later. Its a lot better now but still feel weird when i have to spin around a lot.

I'm 25 years old and my goal is to become black belt. The funny thing is when i first started my first class in karate I absolutely hated, but I just kept going and going. After about 2 months I started to feel good about, I think the reason people quit early is because the information is overwhelming and does your head in for a while.
Welcome, sorry to hear of your accident and im glad its getting better.
what type of Martial Art are you currently training in?
dont get discouraged, learning is a life long exercise.

OP
O

ozm8ey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, sorry to hear of your accident and im glad its getting better.
what type of Martial Art are you currently training in?
dont get discouraged, learning is a life long exercise.
I do Karate style
Taigyoku Nidan and
Taigyoku Shodan

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome !

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi Matthew, welcome aboard.

Hi Shawn,

For the record, Matthew wasn't naming a style there, but simply two kata he's been taught. His art is Go Kan Ryu.
see i learned some thing new again, Thanks.

OP
O

ozm8ey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Matthew, welcome aboard.

Hi Shawn,

For the record, Matthew wasn't naming a style there, but simply two kata he's been taught. His art is Go Kan Ryu.
How do you know my name :)

Latest Discussions