Hello Martialtalk

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
After taking a look at a few Martial Arts websites for awhile, I decided that I liked this one the best, and registered. My Martial Arts background is mostly Kung Fu, but I have experience in Goju, and Tae Kwon Do. I also did some Boxing for about 3 days, and I worked out with a couple of MMA type people for a few days as well.
I don't pass myself off as knowing the latter two, since it was only a few days, but I mention it because I felt those few days were really worth doing. I want to do more in the future if I ever get a chance to.
Currently, I've enrolled in a Judo club nearby, and have been there for only a month. Along side some good Martial Arts discussion, I am also hoping to find someone in the Portland OR area who can help me with my Judo practice. I'd like to meet up on the weekends if possible. So far, Judo has been completely unlike anything else I've done, and I feel like I need some extra help with it.
I have asked the other people in my school about it, but almost all of them live to far away.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to MartialTalk ...

I can't give you any insight on Judo in the State of Oregon, let alone the Portland area ... sorry. I'm sure someone out there has some info, and there is always the great ole Internet search.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, I also train in GoJu, Okinawan. Enjoy.

MasterWright

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!

It's good to give honerable mention to all of the arts that you have experienced, even if only for a short time. They still have an impact on your teaching and training.