Orange Lightning says hello! HELLO! :D

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello! I'm here to engage in some some awesome, CIVIL DISCUSSION and extreme EXCHANGE OF IDEAS! YEAH!

Really though. I'm here to toss around ideas and get advice about things I think I don't know about. :)
Fair warning.I'm quite liable to disagree. But I'm good with people disagreeing. I'll conduct all my conversations respectfully and in a non hostile manner. I'm mainly here to learn. :)
On the flip side of that though, I've seen that some of these threads can get a little overblown and nasty. At that point, the discussion becomes pointless and I will ignore that nonsense completely.

My background? Well....eh. I don't really want to expose that information because I think it will ruin this site as a source for me. I will say that I really like my bo staff though. :)
For all you know, I'm a shaolin dragon wizard. :p

I've already done some reading and browsing already, and this seems like quite the knowledgeable and intellectual community. Happy to be here.
Is there a good section to discuss psychology stuff?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk.
Why on earth would telling us your background "ruin" the site?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Click on the persons avatar, then click on "Start a conversation".

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm sure that a fire breathing Shaolin dragon can outperform a Kiai master throwing chi balls. :)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT.
friendly conversation and the exchange of ideas and knowledge is what we are all about but as you have said sometimes people do get carried away on some subjects

OP
Orange Lightning

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT.
friendly conversation and the exchange of ideas and knowledge is what we are all about but as you have said sometimes people do get carried away on some subjects

tshadowchaser, Danny, Cirdan, - :D Awesome. I'm happy to have a good outlet to talk about this stuff.

OP
Orange Lightning

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
what kinds of psychology stuff do you mean?

Hello and welcome to MT (looking forwards to your opinions) Jx

I do a lot of thinking about how behavior corresponds to how we think and work. Social protocol, for example. Lot's of odd, thought provoking things. Example - Is the need to engage in small talk centered around recent events a mechanism to keep your family informed? -
I think about certain concepts of martial arts this way. Example - Children instinctively use hammerfists to hit things. Does that mean the hammer fist was supposed to be one of our primary weapons? To fight people or animals? Or does it have some other purpose? Perhaps an instinctive method of using knifes?

I think about that crap all the time. I think it can help teach us about ourselves in all sorts of ways.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, welcome ti mt
picardwave.gif

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think about certain concepts of martial arts this way. Example - Children instinctively use hammerfists to hit things. Does that mean the hammer fist was supposed to be one of our primary weapons? To fight people or animals? Or does it have some other purpose? Perhaps an instinctive method of using knifes?
yes the elbow is hinged that the forearm moves naturally in an upward/downwards arc.. this is not the reason you are looking for? interesting conjecture nonetheless mister Orange Lightning :) I wonder what other psychology things have you been thinking.. Jx

OP
Orange Lightning

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
yes the elbow is hinged that the forearm moves naturally in an upward/downwards arc.. this is not the reason you are looking for? interesting conjecture nonetheless mister Orange Lightning :) I wonder what other psychology things have you been thinking.. Jx

That's not quite it. I'm about to post a thread about it soon. I don't know where the best spot for it is though. I'll probably just toss it in the General section. It's doesn't really fit in the Mind, Body, Spirit section.
It won't be about the hammer fist thing though. That was just an example. I'll probably talk about it eventually though. :)