Hello from Pittsburgh!

nerdette_007

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My name is Nikki, and I study Filipino martial arts (Eskrima, Counterpoint Tactical). I'm an absolute noob, so I'm here for advice/inspiration/learning through osmosis. :asian:

I'm excited to get to know you-all! Thanks!

Nikki

PS. Thrilled about the women's board. Absolutely thrilled.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT Nikki..Always remember that nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something..

knuckleheader

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome 007:) You'll find great advice for escrima and other stuff here.

Are you a fan of Mr. Bond? I am.

OP
nerdette_007

nerdette_007

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for having me! You people are so friendly <3

It's great to have so many current and former Keystone Staters here...

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm going back to visit here soon, going to have me some Primanti's and IC Light! YUM!

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Nikki and welcome to MT! I'm not familiar with FMA around the Pittsburgh area, but I know a few of the quality TSD and TKD schools.. . Look forward to seeing you on the threads!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Nikki and welcome to MT! I'm not familiar with FMA around the Pittsburgh area, but I know a few of the quality TSD and TKD schools.. . Look forward to seeing you on the threads!

Master Kim, CS is the big dog in that area for TSD. Great Federation, I trained with them for a while.

OP
nerdette_007

nerdette_007

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm pretty lucky to live in an area with excellent martial arts schools.

I do my training at Ryer Martial Arts Academy, and cannot say enough about how fantastic they are-they've even brought Grandmaster Cacoy out to Iron City, though I missed that, unfortunately.

I hear CS Kim is pretty amazing, but I have my loyalties. :)

Oh, and Mbuzzy: IC Light?! Nothing compliments a french-fry-and-coleslaw-laden sammitch like a cold refreshing Yuengling....

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm pretty lucky to live in an area with excellent martial arts schools.

I do my training at Ryer Martial Arts Academy, and cannot say enough about how fantastic they are-they've even brought Grandmaster Cacoy out to Iron City, though I missed that, unfortunately.

I hear CS Kim is pretty amazing, but I have my loyalties. :)

Oh, and Mbuzzy: IC Light?! Nothing compliments a french-fry-and-coleslaw-laden sammitch like a cold refreshing Yuengling....

I know....but I can get Yuengling and Rolling Rock down here in Florida they've never even heard of Iron City!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to martial talk, Nikki.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Master Kim, CS is the big dog in that area for TSD. Great Federation, I trained with them for a while.

Yeah, Chun Sik Kim is one of, if not THE big dog in Pittsburgh.. . His annual tournament usually has a great turn out from alot of different martial arts! MBuzzy, did you ever train with Master Bruno (my favorite master under C.S. Kim)?

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hah! Yeah, I think Iron City is considered an import in West Virginia!

Growing up just south of Wheeling, WV, I COULD take offense to that.. . if it weren't the truth ;p

If I'm gonna pick a local brew from Pittsburgh, I'm partial to Stoney's

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, Chun Sik Kim is one of, if not THE big dog in Pittsburgh.. . His annual tournament usually has a great turn out from alot of different martial arts! MBuzzy, did you ever train with Master Bruno (my favorite master under C.S. Kim)?

I didn't, I was with the Goss family. I lived in Johnstown, PA and trained with them for a few years off and on. Joe Goss Jr is an incredible instructor.

Latest Discussions