Another Hello from Michigan!

joe-jitsu

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi! I've been on the forum for a few months (sporadically) but just now realized there was an area for noob intros. :wavey:

I have a background in Chung-Do Kwan Tae Kwon Do (1st degree black belt - Sept. 1990) and have been practicing Judo on-and-off for the past 6 years. I also have a strong background in police defensive tactics (I'm a state university police academy staff instructor in my area). I began to "get the itch" for competition again in late 2006 and decided to compete in a local amateur mixed-martial arts event at the age of 34 in April 2007. That was a wake-up call regarding how much I've slowed down over the years as I dominated my fight up until I "got caught." :wink2:

I just recently began teaching the general public for the first time in 15 years and created a new women's self-defense program with future plans of including both kids and adult Tae Kwon Do into our programs as well as a cane-related self-defense program for seniors. I love to teach and have three boys who also "have the itch" and want to learn (3, 5, 14).

That's about all I have for now... :)

RADE TACTICS Martial Arts & Women's Self-Defense

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome from another Michigander!
icon14.gif

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome...

sjansen

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, let me know where your at and we could have and exchange of ideas.

Latest Discussions