Istvan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks to accept my joining request.

My name is Istvan. Born in Hungary. I studied Wing Tsun for about 4.5 years after a rough childhood to understand 'control'. 8+ years Silat practise, 3+ years RMA Systema experience and 20 odd years later I'm still searching. :)
I've got closer and closer by the years but now I know one thing for sure I have a long journey yet to reach full control if the time we spend ' here ' will be enough.
Recent years as the next level of my studies I'm teaching Systema for a small group of people in London, UK. Our practices include but not restricted to breathing, body balancing, freedom of movement, women self defence, anti-stress program etc..
I look forward to chat like minded people in or out of Systema.

thanks and regards
Istvan

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, bro.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks to accept my joining request.

My name is Istvan. Born in Hungary. I studied Wing Tsun for about 4.5 years after a rough childhood to understand 'control'. 8+ years Silat practise, 3+ years RMA Systema experience and 20 odd years later I'm still searching. :)
I've got closer and closer by the years but now I know one thing for sure I have a long journey yet to reach full control if the time we spend ' here ' will be enough.
Recent years as the next level of my studies I'm teaching Systema for a small group of people in London, UK. Our practices include but not restricted to breathing, body balancing, freedom of movement, women self defence, anti-stress program etc..
I look forward to chat like minded people in or out of Systema.

thanks and regards
Istvan
Welcome aboard Istvan :) you have an idea of attaining full control, can you tell me what you would notice different about your self or how you are able to practice your MA if you achieved that goal? Thank you x

OP
I

Istvan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Istvan :) you have an idea of attaining full control, can you tell me what you would notice different about your self or how you are able to practice your MA if you achieved that goal? Thank you x
Hi Jenna,

thanks for your welcoming post.
Well, probably we all practice towards the same (similar) goal one way or an other. The first idea about being full control shifted many times already. And as I said i still on my journey so anything i can think now probably will shift again and again later on.

Lets take a look what i notice now. Earlier I had less balanced life style. I mean i always had an aggressor side of me that i wanted to hide away even from myself. recent years i feeding that feel with goodies to make it calm and use it in portions when it necessary. Luckily I can say i had no physical fight almost 10 years now and i having less and less mental fight too.

How much of this improvement because of m.a. or RMA Systema ? god knows. Thinking, understanding what to do and why, readjust and make it happen probably a quite good model to follow now.

What i will see and say in the future its an other question :) lets cross that bridge when we get there?

And what about yourself? how did you came a cross m.a. at the first place and what is your recent look about that?

Last edited:
OP
I

Istvan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to martial talk!
Regards
Brian King

Hi Brian,

thanks to passing by and welcome me :)

if you have time can you explain me what the `ranking` means here?
like your
supporting member
MT mentor
or
OP
any other i may find later in this forum :)

regards
Istvan

OP
I

Istvan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Dylan,

Thanks to welcome me.

Can I believe you are practice and runs a silat street defence club/school?
What style and how did you came a cross of Silat at the first place?

regards
I.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
if you have time can you explain me what the `ranking` means here?
like your
supporting member
MT mentor
or
OP
any other i may find later in this forum

Sure thing.
Supporting member = This is somebody that has paid a fee to help support the board.
MT Mentor = A member who was invited by the 'staff' to help newer members get a feel for the board, to help guide threads, etc.
OP = Original Post or Original post starter on the thread.
"belt rank" below a persons name is given by post count, kind of as a ways to encourage posting.
Hope that helps
Regards
Brian King

OP
I

Istvan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sure thing.
Supporting member = This is somebody that has paid a fee to help support the board.
MT Mentor = A member who was invited by the 'staff' to help newer members get a feel for the board, to help guide threads, etc.
OP = Original Post or Original post starter on the thread.
"belt rank" below a persons name is given by post count, kind of as a ways to encourage posting.
Hope that helps
Regards
Brian King

Thanks Brian :)
It`s clear now.
How are you doing before Christmas?
What is the m.a. topics recent time that most people interested and people like to talk about?

D

Dylan9d

Hi Dylan,

Thanks to welcome me.

Can I believe you are practice and runs a silat street defence club/school?
What style and how did you came a cross of Silat at the first place?

regards
I.

Hi Istvan,

Yes I run a Silat club in Holland.

I came across silat about 20 years ago. I studied a very flowery and traditional style at first, wasn't my thing because I did all sort of practical arts before.

At that club I met the family Ingram who were teaching Amerindo Silat, which is a mix of Mustika Kwitang, Tjimande and Pukulan Japara.
I trained with them for 11 years on a daily base at Raymonds house, got permission to teach and after that I went my own way.

After teaching Amerindo for a couple years mainly through private sessions I came across a gentlemen that taught me Arnis/Eskrima/Kali, give it a name :)

It was a style called Doblete Rapilon, this gentlemen taught me alot about condensing my program. So I kept training privatly with him for about a year and I started to adjust my Silat.

After that year my son got born and I was limited to the practice I did at home with a friend of mine. After 3 years it started to itch again to go out and train so I went to a Krav Maga school. Got alot of useful stuff there but for me it felt to commercial.

Anyways, I'm teaching publicly now again for about 2 years.

I have good contact with Glenn Lobo in the UK, I consider him as a friend and a mentor and the quality of his Silat is very high. If you want to pick up Silat in the UK I would recommend him.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

Istvan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Istvan,

Yes I run a Silat club in Holland.

I came across silat about 20 years ago. I studied a very flowery and traditional style at first, wasn't my thing because I did all sort of practical arts before.

At that club I met the family Ingram who were teaching Amerindo Silat, which is a mix of Mustika Kwitang, Tjimande and Pukulan Japara.
I trained with them for 11 years on a daily base at Raymonds house, got permission to teach and after that I went my own way.

After teaching Amerindo for a couple years mainly through private sessions I came across a gentlemen that taught me Arnis/Eskrima/Kali, give it a name :)

It was a style called Doblete Rapilon, this gentlemen taught me alot about condensing my program. So I kept training privatly with him for about a year and I started to adjust my Silat.

After that year my son got born and I was limited to the practice I did at home with a friend of mine. After 3 years it started to itch again to go out and train so I went to a Krav Maga school. Got alot of useful stuff there but for me it felt to commercial.

Anyways, I'm teaching publicly now again for about 2 years.

I have good contact with Glenn Lobo in the UK, I consider him as a friend and a mentor and the quality of his Silat is very high. If you want to pick up Silat in the UK I would recommend him.

Hi Dylan,

Thanks to share your martial arts life story. You did quite a long journey to get back to Silat :)
I studied a mixture of Silat as Silat melayu, Kun-tao and Chimande for about 8-9 years in total from (Silat Asli | Facebook) him. He`s based in London. I cannot recall to hear ever the name Glenn Lobo. but probably its my bad. Where is he teaching in UK? I know by name Pak Arafin Mahaddin and Steven Benitez. I was told both are great teacher but their style very different.
I had a bad knee accident some years back and turned my interest a `more gentle` daily life based approach martial arts (Systema). Most people knows Systema only from youtube. Two opposite view circle about it, or people says that its brutal but elegant killing art, others say bullshido. I hope I didn`t study and teach BS :)
I am turning to 41 this year I believe by the years we loose our competitive spirit and rather physical strengths and speed we could use a more tactical skill set like structure breaking using leverage, deeper understanding of body mechanism. We spend quite a bit of time to work on nervous and circulatory system as well as healthier body/mind can perform better in a stressful situation. Most martial practitioner who practise only in safe gym environment fails in street fight situation as they stress out and not able to use their technical arsenal in real life scenario.

As always I am aiming to chat with like minded people. I like to hear different view from different style practitioners. I don`t mind positive critics as it helps open my mind wider and wider.
Hope we can have a good chat soon

Latest Discussions