Hello

Hazardi172

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am a student of Gert Jan ketelaar in WSL VT. Hope I can add to the understanding here and also learn something in the process.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome, Hazard. I see that your sifu is a Dutch student of Philip Bayer. Are you joining us from the Netherlands?

OP
H

Hazardi172

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello Geezer, yes I am located in the Netherlands

D

Dylan9d

Welcome my fellow dutch person :)

I had some lose lessons from Silvano Bonafe so I'm not a die-hard VT person but still appreciate the art.

I teach Silat/Pukulan in Dordrecht.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, bro.

AIKIKENJITSU

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am a student of Gert Jan ketelaar in WSL VT. Hope I can add to the understanding here and also learn something in the process.
I've been in martial arts since 1970 and I taught most of those years. You want to learn something? Well, here's what I tell people that what to learn martial arts; because a person has a black belt does not make them a good instructor, that's why it's smart to shop around and maybe even try a couple or three for a couple of months. I'm small 5'2" slim and small bone. I tried out several different arts and finally, one day, I walked by a door to do an errand and I heard shouting. Looking down a dark hallway, a lighted area of mats opened up. Two student in GI's were moving in a way that entranced me; it was Tracy Kenpo karate. I earned my black belt and I also taught there beginning at Blue belt. later I went to the art the Tracy was an offshoot of, American Kenpo (Ed Parker's) and earned my black belt there. Then I went to several aikido dojos and learned some more stuff. You can learn more stuff in martial arts than you have a life to practice in.
Sifu

Latest Discussions