D

Dylan9d

Hi Dylan,

Thanks to share your martial arts life story. You did quite a long journey to get back to Silat :)
I studied a mixture of Silat as Silat melayu, Kun-tao and Chimande for about 8-9 years in total from (Silat Asli | Facebook) him. He`s based in London. I cannot recall to hear ever the name Glenn Lobo. but probably its my bad. Where is he teaching in UK? I know by name Pak Arafin Mahaddin and Steven Benitez. I was told both are great teacher but their style very different.
I had a bad knee accident some years back and turned my interest a `more gentle` daily life based approach martial arts (Systema). Most people knows Systema only from youtube. Two opposite view circle about it, or people says that its brutal but elegant killing art, others say bullshido. I hope I didn`t study and teach BS :)
I am turning to 41 this year I believe by the years we loose our competitive spirit and rather physical strengths and speed we could use a more tactical skill set like structure breaking using leverage, deeper understanding of body mechanism. We spend quite a bit of time to work on nervous and circulatory system as well as healthier body/mind can perform better in a stressful situation. Most martial practitioner who practise only in safe gym environment fails in street fight situation as they stress out and not able to use their technical arsenal in real life scenario.

As always I am aiming to chat with like minded people. I like to hear different view from different style practitioners. I don`t mind positive critics as it helps open my mind wider and wider.
Hope we can have a good chat soon

The bold part was taught by my Pukulan/Silat teacher too.

The style I was taught by Jim Ingram wasn't bound to age or fitness

Glenn Lobo is the official rep. for Silat Lincah in Europe, he also studied Pukulan Madura with Pa Flohr from the Netherlands. He is very impressive teacher. .

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks to accept my joining request.

My name is Istvan. Born in Hungary. I studied Wing Tsun for about 4.5 years after a rough childhood to understand 'control'. 8+ years Silat practise, 3+ years RMA Systema experience and 20 odd years later I'm still searching. :)
I've got closer and closer by the years but now I know one thing for sure I have a long journey yet to reach full control if the time we spend ' here ' will be enough.
Recent years as the next level of my studies I'm teaching Systema for a small group of people in London, UK. Our practices include but not restricted to breathing, body balancing, freedom of movement, women self defence, anti-stress program etc..
I look forward to chat like minded people in or out of Systema.

thanks and regards
Istvan

Sorry, somehow I missed you thread before. Welcome to MT. Look forward to your posts.

Latest Discussions