Hello all

Badger1777

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi all.

I just thought I'd better say hello before diving into all the other threads.

So, hello from the UK :)

A bit about me. I'm a 40 year old dad, trained (for a short while) in martial arts (karate and then kung fu) when I was a young lad, but then left it alone for too long. Got a bit older, a lot heavier (and not in a good way), and a lot less fit. A couple of months ago I joined a new club along with my 5 year old son, and so far, loving it, and can already see my fitness and muscle tone coming back :)

I'm too old to dream of being the next Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan, so I'm just happy to be doing something other that sat around, making some new friends, getting a bit fitter, and seeing my son thoroughly enjoying himself.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, never too late to get back to doing something great I like both. Karate; kata, bunkai, Kumite, kotekitai, and weapons all good stuff. And Kung fu; white crane forms, Bagua sets, and the Kung fu weapons are cool too but that's just my view
Looking forward to hearing about yours
Best of luck

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, bro. Glad to hear you're back at it. :)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. I'll look forward to hearing of your progress.
:asian:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Win win situation.
Any time you can do something fun with your son that you both enjoy, while building future memories and get into shape. These are the best of times, enjoy!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It is nice to hear that you and your son are both involved in the arts.