Head on a pike...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hear tell that it's going to be removed from future dvd releases. I made damned sure I ordered a boxset before that happens.

Loathe that retard.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That was a political statement. Do you seriously not understand the difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone else here in the entertainment business? Ever even BEEN to Universal Studios?? They'll use any head they have laying around that isn't busy - doesn't matter if it's Abe Lincoln's or even the sitting president's ...

No new props, read my lips? :D

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No new props, read my lips? :D

Be careful - the DHS will have your head on a pike for that one ... and NOT for a movie! Not that there's any difference, but HEY ....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That was a political statement. Do you seriously not understand the difference?

If it was just a prob then why did they tell everyone about it?

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Because directors are sometimes idiots. And the stupid director's comments on DVD means that they have to say something for every scene. I guess he thought just saying "here's a bunch of heads on pikes" wasn't insightful enough.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The fact that the head they used happens to be a George bush head is really only noteworthy because of the recycle factor that has always been a staple of the entertainment industry and the head they used just happens to be a George bush head. It could have been your ex wife or my son or Obama or Fidel Castro. The fact is they would have used any one of these heads because it's just what they do.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Because it's trivia. That's what the commentary tracks are for. I seriously can't understand what the big deal is. They brought it up because it's just the sort of quirky, behind the scenes thing you'd expect to find on a commentary. Stories about practical jokes, things that the casual viewer might miss, Easter eggs put in by the team... that's what you get when you listen to the commentary.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have to agree about the double standard though...if that had been "someone else's head" I think the reaction would be much different.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I have to agree about the double standard though...if that had been "someone else's head" I think the reaction would be much different.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Different than what? Do you think that some liberals would whine and carry on about nothing, trying to make it political? Because from the outside looking in, that would be exactly the same reaction as what's going on now. In order for it to be a different reaction, the reaction would have to be... Different.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, surely there are important things to get in a tizz about? More important than a passing comment on a DVD commentary track about something that no-one in the entire world noticed otherwise?

How about giving your government a kick up the **** for not supporting us against Argentina's war-of-words sabre-rattling? That's worth commenting on; well I think so at any rate.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This was not in effigy. This was not a political statement This was a Minimum wage worker Doing his job ... Recycling.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The fact that the head they used happens to be a George bush head is really only noteworthy because of the recycle factor that has always been a staple of the entertainment industry and the head they used just happens to be a George bush head. It could have been your ex wife or my son or Obama or Fidel Castro. The fact is they would have used any one of these heads because it's just what they do.

Some how if it was Obama's head I doubt the they are just recycling so its OK would have cut it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some how if it was Obama's head I doubt the they are just recycling so its OK would have cut it.

the same people who jeer now would be cheering.

Anything else new?

Do they have moors in the story? I see a part for Obama's head right there.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

But again, how would that be different than the whining and carrying in going on now?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But again, how would that be different than the whining and carrying in going on now?

It wouldn't in my opinion no presidential likeness should be used in that way no matter who it is. Or if you do "need" to recycle don't show his face and don't tell people about it just use the head. I know why they did it even if it was non political it has given
them free publicity. I've never even heard of the show until now so it worked it was a smart move I just don't agree with it. Its my opinion. I also don't believe people should be allowed to burn the flag but its protected speech I just don't agree with that either

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How about we put all of the president's heads on pikes, just to be fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.