Hawaiian Kempo Meeting

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Marlon,

Well i just got done teaching my last private lesson of the day. And it is now officially weekend for me. Normally i would be teaching till 9 tonight but my friend flies into Logan at 5pm so i have to get there a little early. nice. Well 2 more months and we will be able to actually put faces to names.
Jesse

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
good afternoon and a happy rainy monday to everyone. Well, i went to John Harvards last friday to check it out. Heres the deal.. food is basically good sandwiches and a few other things.. the beer was well above par. but it is def. a restaurant. There is a back room which i have reserved just in case that is where we decide to go but i am going to keep looking. The way i feel, is we want to have a comfortable atmoshpere where we can meet, sit or stand enjoy some freedom of movement and also enjoy a good drink and some food. How does everyone else feel about that? If you are in agreement to this then i need to find another spot in the area. I will be teaching in Natick tonight and will talk it over with some of the adult students from the area and see what they might reccomend. Again i just do not think being confined to a table will be any good. I hope everyone had a great sat. and kept warm on sunday.
Jesse

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
on a side funny note,, i found my old Hawaiian shirt (old as in one year haaha) that i am going to wear for this occasion.. i guess im just throwing out to everyone the basics of how formal im going to be..
Jesse

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
good afternoon and a happy rainy monday to everyone. Well, i went to John Harvards last friday to check it out. Heres the deal.. food is basically good sandwiches and a few other things.. the beer was well above par. but it is def. a restaurant. There is a back room which i have reserved just in case that is where we decide to go but i am going to keep looking. The way i feel, is we want to have a comfortable atmoshpere where we can meet, sit or stand enjoy some freedom of movement and also enjoy a good drink and some food. How does everyone else feel about that? If you are in agreement to this then i need to find another spot in the area. I will be teaching in Natick tonight and will talk it over with some of the adult students from the area and see what they might reccomend. Again i just do not think being confined to a table will be any good. I hope everyone had a great sat. and kept warm on sunday.
Jesse

Thanks for doing all the research Jesse!! I'm not familiar with things in that area, but if everyone thinks another location would be better, I'm cool with that.

Mike

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jesse,
I will follow your lead. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this.
Al C.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll agree we need a place where we can move around: sit, stand, move

We still have time for someone to find a place that can meet those requirements

A banquet room would most likely do as most of them are larger and have the room we might need

where ever we end up I am sure we will all have a good time

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I will keep looking. From this forum who is planning on staying at a hotel that night? I remember someone asking if there were any hotels in the area. A banquet hall is something that may be a little to much. Thats some real planning. But i will keep looking. I have no problem checking these things out because i like to eat and drink in new places anyways.. Kindof like having a job that you love too. oh wait.. I love my job. If anyone knows of a good place off of some of the major roots please give your input. the spots i have been lookin at are right off of mass pike, 95 and 495. I may be underestimating the amount of people that are coming. At first i thought about 20 but there may be a lot more than that. Just the people on this board - their significant other, fellow teachers or students that are coming with them. I know i will be there with myself and wife plus at least 4 other school owners. so right there is 6 and thats only if they dont bring their wives. feel free to write to me so i can start putting numbers together. A good hotel bar/restaurant may be the way to do too.
[email protected]
Jesse

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Master Dwyer,
Buy the end of this week I will have an approximate number for you. In order to make it easier for you I hope that others who wish to attend can do the same for you.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I will keep looking. From this forum who is planning on staying at a hotel that night? I remember someone asking if there were any hotels in the area. A banquet hall is something that may be a little to much. Thats some real planning. But i will keep looking. I have no problem checking these things out because i like to eat and drink in new places anyways.. Kindof like having a job that you love too. oh wait.. I love my job. If anyone knows of a good place off of some of the major roots please give your input. the spots i have been lookin at are right off of mass pike, 95 and 495. I may be underestimating the amount of people that are coming. At first i thought about 20 but there may be a lot more than that. Just the people on this board - their significant other, fellow teachers or students that are coming with them. I know i will be there with myself and wife plus at least 4 other school owners. so right there is 6 and thats only if they dont bring their wives. feel free to write to me so i can start putting numbers together. A good hotel bar/restaurant may be the way to do too.
[email protected]
Jesse

Jesse, thanks for all the leg work. i am coming alone and leaving right after cause it is my son's birthday on the 23rd. How about a place that has a terrase and some room outside to 'move' around a bit?
marlon

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[email protected]
Jesse

I'll likely be staying the night at a hotel. I don't drink all that often and don't want to chance drinking and driving.

Something that may be a good alternative is Owen O'Leary's at the Hampton Inn in Natick. It's an Irish bar with decent menu as well as a good amount of pub food, and in the same general area (Natick/Framingham line, right off the Route 30 exit).

As an alternative...

While not as centrally located, if anyone wanted to come up to Salem, Mass. and start the day by doing some stick banging at a very good Filipino school, I could probably arrange that. ;) It's something different to do. There are also some restaurants, places to stay, and many things to do in that area as well.

I don't mind one way or the other, just wanted to throw out an idea. :)

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll likely be staying the night at a hotel. I don't drink all that often and don't want to chance drinking and driving.

Something that may be a good alternative is Owen O'Leary's at the Hampton Inn in Natick. It's an Irish bar with decent menu as well as a good amount of pub food, and in the same general area (Natick/Framingham line, right off the Route 30 exit).

As an alternative...

While not as centrally located, if anyone wanted to come up to Salem, Mass. and start the day by doing some stick banging at a very good Filipino school, I could probably arrange that. ;) It's something different to do. There are also some restaurants, places to stay, and many things to do in that area as well.

I don't mind one way or the other, just wanted to throw out an idea. :)

I know right where the O'leary's place is, not far from where 495 meets 9. I believe they remodeled it within the past year or so. I will go check it out. As for a work out before hand, I will have to pass. I like the original idea of just meeting up in an informal setting, what happens after that only the future knows. -- side note, Marlon did you really bring up a terrace/terrase? cause im going to say i thought that was funny. Def. would be nice, but now your talking about going into boston. Marlon,are you going to make the drive in early and then leave that day? thats a long drive.
Jesse

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
Myself Steve Bonk ( kosho ) and Master Evans (Kosho monk)
are planning on coming. I look forward to this and maybe this could turn into a yearly event.
Kosho

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'll be there, and hopefully I can bus Rebelo Sensei to Worcester the night before, and we can go from Worcester. I'm still hoping for John Harvard's, but anywhere we go, we need to make sure that if we're going to "move around" (I know we're not talking sparring or anything) that they won't be "insurance paranoid" or something. Just my ramblings.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll be there, and hopefully I can bus Rebelo Sensei to Worcester the night before, and we can go from Worcester. I'm still hoping for John Harvard's, but anywhere we go, we need to make sure that if we're going to "move around" (I know we're not talking sparring or anything) that they won't be "insurance paranoid" or something. Just my ramblings.

Going to have to say John Harvards is to stuffy, and when i say move around, I am 100% talking about it with a drink in hand. Harvards we will have to sit so mingling will be difficult. I will be in Natick again tom. for a meeting and i am going to try and have it at O'leary's so i can get a look at the place. There was another mention of a Greek Place on rte 30 framingham/Natick line right near Harvard's that I was told had great food and a big lounge to sit or move around comfortably. Thanks for the replies everyone but it would still be easier if you privately emailed me so i have them on hardcopy on my computer.
Jesse

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
when i say move around, I am 100% talking about it with a drink in hand.

I figured so Jesse, just me being paranoid, or cautious maybe... One of the two I'm sure. :wink2:

P.s. Ignore my ramblings, I'm on some heavy pain meds at the moment :p

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I figured so Jesse, just me being paranoid, or cautious maybe... One of the two I'm sure. :wink2:

P.s. Ignore my ramblings, I'm on some heavy pain meds at the moment :p

as the old saying goes,,, "hey,hey grab my wrists let me show you something." question, do your friends still fall for this? mine don't
Jesse

Latest Discussions