Have any of you married martial artists?

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This is interesting. From my wife's point of view-yes. She shares this interest with me as the same I share hers.

From mine point of view, if marriage is a sacred institution, and someone is willing to live in a instituition all of their life-
icon10.gif

Then I am "married to martial arts" as well.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife used to give me grief about always being at the dojang. I'll admit It put pressure on but I wasn't going to give in. It's who I am, so deal with it in whatever way you need to. As some people mentioned above, I could have alot worse habits. Once my kids started TKD also, she got a little better about it. Though I never could get her in TKD, once we started Kendo together, the friction went away completely. Because it's no longer who I am, it's now who WE are, as a family.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Gemini said:
My wife used to give me grief about always being at the dojang. I'll admit It put pressure on but I wasn't going to give in. It's who I am, so deal with it in whatever way you need to. As some people mentioned above, I could have alot worse habits. Once my kids started TKD also, she got a little better about it. Though I never could get her in TKD, once we started Kendo together, the friction went away completely. Because it's no longer who I am, it's now who WE are, as a family.
Very good. "A Family That Kicks Together-Sticks Together"
icon12.gif

My wife and I dated for almost 6 years before we got married, so she was well aware that I was previously "married".:rofl:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
beauty_in_the_sai said:
I think it was noble and devoted of you to stick with martial arts through that. I guess I just got lucky....I dunno. I hope your next attempt goes better, sir.
Thanks, and I believe she realizes that I'm not going to quit. :asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kempogeek said:
i understand where you are coming from sir. I know someone at the school who's been there before. He's an avid martial artist. Been training in different styles for years. His spouse unfortunately wasn't into it and complained alot about his constant training. Well I heard that he's going through a divorce. Im not surprised and it's a shame as he's a knowledgable and an animated guy. I can only hope for the best for him and that this won't stop his training. If Im right, this wont stop him. Hopefully he'll be back when he feels the time is right. All the best, Steve
It's just Jason :) .
As for your friend be a friend. :asian:

Latest Discussions