Has anyone knocked someone out with their chi?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There is a big difference between a straight lead and the human stun gun.

Is this sort of thing possible, maybe, but if it were I would expect it from a Qi Gong master that had studied Qi Gong and only Qi Gong for many many years. And I would be willing to bet if one ever did or does exist, he or she didn't tell anyone about it, other then trusted students.

Do I really believe it is possible to knock someone out with out touching them and only with your Qi, no.

And I have said it before in this post, as originally described and as demonstrated by the human stun gun, of what use is this.

If your in a battle/fight/competition with someone and they ask you to stop for a minute while they build their Qi so they can knock you out, are you going to stand and wait!?

F

fullkontact

not to sound close minded, but what a load of crap. I don't buy it at all. However, how do you explain people's first hand accounts? Somebody on here has to have some kind of experience with having it done to them. One of my students said he was knocked down (not out), by one of his instructors, who apparently didn't even touch him. Now this student is an adult who doesn't seem like the type to make stuff up. So what is it then? a mental thing?

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm just curious...to all of the skeptics that say it's stage magic and hypnosis, is there any proof of that or anyone who was a part of an organization that practiced it that has come forward and said that it's BS? Because it would really help the argument if there were some evidence. I have never seen a no-touch KO and I'm a skeptic about it, but I'm not claiming it's this or that without any kind of proof to back up my statements. The stage magic/hypnosis argument is as unbelievable to me as the no-touch ko, because, like was mentioned before, you generally (although not always) have to be a willing participant for it to work, and I don't believe that that many people are faking it and nobody has come out and said so. It was also stated that only maybe a 24/7/365 practitioner could do something like that, but Dillman is a 24/7/365 practitioner of the martial arts. The proposal that it's stage magic is an unbelievable conspiracy theory because if it were all BS, then someone would have come forward and claimed to have been a part of it, but I don't know if that has happened. If so, I'd like to see what they have said, because that would really help the BS argument, but right now, there has been absolutely no empirical evidence, testimonials, even scientific theoretical explanation about how it can be faked for so many years. Like I said, I've never seen a no-touch ko and I'll be skeptical until I get ko'd that way, but not until I see proof either way will I believe anything.

In short...my message to my fellow skeptics : please offer some evidence that this is a hoax and put the thing to rest.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I did not think it was possible, but I got one better than just knocking someone out with Qi.

I talked to a guy, most unfortunately in my Tai Chi class, that told me about someone, he use to trained with, whose Qi was so strong that this person could freeze you in your tracks just by looking at you and possible kill you just with his powerful Qi.

It just keeps sillier and sillier.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These are 'social pressure' knockouts. They ony do them to their students, who eventually fall to avoid embarrassing their instructors. I have never, ever seen anyone try this on anyone who wasn't one of their students.

A

Andrew Main

This also reminds me of the claims that one can rip flesh from the body with a fierce pinching technique.

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Xequat said:
In short...my message to my fellow skeptics : please offer some evidence that this is a hoax and put the thing to rest.

Er....no. It doesn't work that way. You must support your assertions regarding 'chi' with solid evidence. No 'chi' practitioners have come forward with anything but tricks, sleight-of-hand, and pure fakery. Most of the time, it isn't even GOOD fakery. The funniest examples are the guys that hop backwards and then slam themselves into walls over and over again. Supposedly, their teachers' 'chi' pushed them! :rolleyes:

Again, the correct attitude for any person with half a wit is this: Prove it!

We're still waiting.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
qizmoduis said:
Er....no. It doesn't work that way. You must support your assertions regarding 'chi' with solid evidence. No 'chi' practitioners have come forward with anything but tricks, sleight-of-hand, and pure fakery. Most of the time, it isn't even GOOD fakery. The funniest examples are the guys that hop backwards and then slam themselves into walls over and over again. Supposedly, their teachers' 'chi' pushed them! :rolleyes:

You already stated some proof although it is very weak because it so obviosly staged. Neither side can prove otherwise. I don't beleive in anything no-touch but it was a simple question if anyones experienced it & not a challenge of who has to prove who's right.

And in America someone must be "proven" guilty. The burden of the "proof" lies on the "accuser" before the "accused." If one can't prove their point, then why bother "assuming" you're right if it can't really be proven?

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah...ever eaten a Chimichanga from a Chi-Chi's restaurant? Triple knockout...you could get three people at once.

Anyway, akja's exactly right. If their proo fthat it does work is to actually do it, and you are the one saying that it is faked, then it's up to you to find someone or something to back yourself up. You are the accuser and "stage magic," being "trained to fall," and "hypnosis" are all incredibly unsubstantial arguments because if they were true, then by now, someone from DKI or KI or the human stun gun's organization, or whatever would have come out and said exactly how it was done. Do you know what kind of attention that would get in the martial arts community? A person could write a book about it and retire for life on his own personal island. But nobody has come out that I know of which is why I've put it that way. If someone has blown up the whole conspiracy, then that would be some testimonial evidence that it's all BS. But I haven't seen it anywhere, and apparently neither has anyone else. Just because the unbelievably ridiculous notion of hypnosis is the only somewhat logical explanation that you personally can come up with doesn't mean it's the only possible one. Everyone seems so certain of themselves by saying that it's stage magic, plain and simple, it's hypnosis, and the guys are trained that way, but it can't be all three. Since you all obviously have inside knowledge into these organizations, exactly which conspiracy is it that has been fooling so many people for so long?

What sucks is that you might be right, but nobody can back it up. I'll settle for any evidence, not even necessarily proof, that this is faked. Show me a testimonial, show me a scientific article saying that it's impossible for sure, or show me anything else that might convince an objective person that it's all a scam. Anything at all...please. Seriously, I don't disagree with you, but you are making very specific accusations, but have not even the slightest bit of marginally significant evidence to back it up...just a bunch of BS flags and explanations that are at least as ridiculous as what you're attacking.

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Xequat said:
Yeah, yeah...ever eaten a Chimichanga from a Chi-Chi's restaurant? Triple knockout...you could get three people at once.

Anyway, akja's exactly right. If their proo fthat it does work is to actually do it, and you are the one saying that it is faked, then it's up to you to find someone or something to back yourself up. You are the accuser and "stage magic," being "trained to fall," and "hypnosis" are all incredibly unsubstantial arguments because if they were true, then by now, someone from DKI or KI or the human stun gun's organization, or whatever would have come out and said exactly how it was done. Do you know what kind of attention that would get in the martial arts community? A person could write a book about it and retire for life on his own personal island. But nobody has come out that I know of which is why I've put it that way. If someone has blown up the whole conspiracy, then that would be some testimonial evidence that it's all BS. But I haven't seen it anywhere, and apparently neither has anyone else. Just because the unbelievably ridiculous notion of hypnosis is the only somewhat logical explanation that you personally can come up with doesn't mean it's the only possible one. Everyone seems so certain of themselves by saying that it's stage magic, plain and simple, it's hypnosis, and the guys are trained that way, but it can't be all three. Since you all obviously have inside knowledge into these organizations, exactly which conspiracy is it that has been fooling so many people for so long?

What sucks is that you might be right, but nobody can back it up. I'll settle for any evidence, not even necessarily proof, that this is faked. Show me a testimonial, show me a scientific article saying that it's impossible for sure, or show me anything else that might convince an objective person that it's all a scam. Anything at all...please. Seriously, I don't disagree with you, but you are making very specific accusations, but have not even the slightest bit of marginally significant evidence to back it up...just a bunch of BS flags and explanations that are at least as ridiculous as what you're attacking.

Goodness. You've got it exactly backwards. The person/organization first must support their poposition (chi, in this case) with evidence, and then must show that their supplied evidence is untainted, and finally must describe the exact process in which their evidence can be independently reproduced and verified. This isn't a court of law, it's scientific verification.

There's a reason why James Randi's foundation has never lost it's million dollars, and it isn't because they're biased.

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Xequat said:

I believe that it is stage magic. You apparently need proof that it is. I would suggest that you look for the opportunity to have a no touch knockout done on yourself.

respectfully,

Jeff

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would consider actually doing it some pretty good evidence for most things. I saw a video a while ago of Dillman and some other DKI guys doing some no-touch ko's for a 60th birthday party or some such thing and they had guys hooked up to ekg's or eeg's; I forget which, but they were clearly knocked out. There is scientific evidence that it does work. My point is that whether you're in court or not, if you accuse someone of fraud, and that's basically what is going on here, then you need to back up that claim. There is evidence, but you don't think it's good enough. I'm sorry, but if God-only-knows-how-many thousands of people participate in these displays, and nobody has come out and said that they are fraudulent, then I have to believe that there is something to it. What gets me is when people say that it's one specific thing or another, such as hypnosis or training, as if they actually have any inside knowledge of it whatsoever and they speak the truth that's plain enough for anyone with any sense to see it their way. Just because it's the only theory you can come up with that makes sense to you doesn't not mean that it's the only explanation possible, but that's the attitude I pick up.

If you call someone a fraud, then point out exactly the method they use to commit this fraud, then it's up to you to back it up. My stance is that maybe it's true, maybe it;s not. I am pretty skeptical about it, but I have seen no proof so far that it's faked, so in the process of scientific method, we are still at the testing stage. We've gone beyond the hypothetical and into the test stage and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I'm sure these no-touch organizations are still doing tests to try to figure out when and why it doesn't work. We've seen the tests that do work, we've seen those that do not. But nobody has ever said anything that I know of about it being faked. Conspiracy theories of this magnitude are impossible because you can't have as many people who participate in these things keep it secret forever.

A

Andrew Main

I think that it may be possible to put something more behind a punch or a kick with chi. I have experienced a faster or more effective strike when I have focused more chi, ki or mojo to the strike.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Have I ever personally knocked someone out with my chi? No Have I ever seen it first hand? No. Do I believe that it is possible? Yes. Is it something that you can learn how to do in less than 50 years? I seriously doubt it.

I do agree, however, that there is emperical evidence that immediately following a "no touch knock out" attempt some participants are found to be unconscious. Did the chi knock them out or did social pressure do the trick? I don't know.

My experience reflects that if you don't wash your gear once in a while, you could execute a no-touch knock out without any problem what so ever.

My two bits...

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stated out the gate that I didn't beleive in the no-touch knockout. BUT, my point has been, not just with this technique but all through the martial arts, certain techniques are "discounted" based on limited knowledge. If one does not understand it, it can't work. That is wrong.

Does chi exist? Yes. Is it usuable with martial arts? Of course. But I do beleive that one needs to understand their chi and some form of training that involves it. And my training does involve contact.

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jesse said:
My instructor told me last lesson that he could consentrate his chi so well that he could hold his hands beside someone's head and not touch them at all. Holding it about 3 inches away and he was able to knock the person out.

I kind of find this hard to believe and was wondering if anyone else has heard of this. I would like to know before I challange him to do it to myself.
The only way to know for sure is to test it for yourself. Test everything, believe in nothing. You have to test it for yourself, anyone can tell you this or that. To be told can be being lied to, to see can be to be decieved, to feel is to know.