Happy Friday 13th

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure why this is considered a bad day (I was born in Oct 13th...
icon10.gif
).

So......

HAPPY

FRIDAY

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:partyon:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not sure why this is considered a bad day (I was born in Oct 13th...
icon10.gif
).

So......

HAPPY

FRIDAY

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:partyon:

Just another day of the month to me...

OP
Hawke

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Upon the conclusion of the West's attempted conquest of the Holy Land for Christendom, the Templars still earned great revenues from their lands, minus the cost to arm knights for crusades. They were exceedingly wealthy and had more funds than any European monarch. France was in great debt to the Templar organisation, and its king, Philip le Bel grew increasingly jealous of the wealth of the Knights. In 1307, upon the death of the then Pope, he brought many charges against the knights, including heresy. It is for this day Friday 13th was come to be known as unlucky, for that was the day that Philip arrested, simultaneously, all the Templars in France in a carefully planned operation. The Templars were alerted, and their fleet (which was greater than that of any nation) departed from France with all their wealth stowed on board, and was never again to be seen in Europe.

Thanks Sukerkin for the link. I remember Dan Brown mentioning this is the DaVinci Code. Fun fictional read.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My friday the 13th was great. I got to work to find that it was myslef and 1 nurse for the whole floor last night. Wow what fun LOL

Latest Discussions