Friday the 13th

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just thought I would share a little bit of trivia I discovered over the weekend.

We all know that Friday the 13th is considered an unlucky day. But how many of us know why?

The holy fighting order known as the Templars amassed a vast amount of wealth through banking during the twelth century. So much, in fact, that the king of France, Phillipe le Belle, decided he wanted it.

So on Friday 13th October 1307 all the Templars in France were rounded up, tortured and burned at the stake. The alledged crime was worshipping an idol called Baphomet.

Since that time Friday the 13th has been considered unlucky.

The saddest thing about all this was the order was later found to have not been guilty of the crimes, but by then it was too late.

A side note.
Templars throughout Europe were similarly accused and taken into custody. In one of the German states, Saxony I think, the situation was different. Upon hearing that they had been accused of idolatry and devil-worship the knights of the local commandery donned their armour and stomped off to the Inquisition offices and demanded their right to trial by combat. They were all allowed to leave without charge.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well then, I guess we're lucky that THIS friday is the 14th ... smile :D

THIS Friday is the 14th? As I read your post I was thinking "Something is going on that day, I have to remember." Pop; into my vastly empty noggin comes the realization that it is my birthday on the 14th. :banghead: At least I didn't forget it like I did the Anniversary this year...:idunno:

OP
Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trust that there is a lot more to this story then simple trivia. There are volumes dedicated to this event and events that led up to it. It all has to deal with occult worship...which takes place at the very highest echelons of our society today.

But the day was not significantly ill-omened until this event.

Now Phillipe the Fair was such a bastard I can easily see him as a member of an occult society. I think the one he was most closely associated with at the time was called the Catholic Church.

There were many accusations thrown at the Templars. They were in league with the devil, they did deals with the Saracens, they ate babies. The list goes on and on, but none of the charges were ever substantiated. At the time, however, the mere accusation was enough to destroy them. The entire order was pardoned by Pope Clement but it didn't save them.

Its a very interesting subject, especially when you compare them to the Hospitalers.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe that will become the new friday the 13th. Check your taro cards...

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Maybe that will become the new friday the 13th. Check your taro cards...

Good gravy! It would be a bad omen if Friday the 13'th coincided with 9/11....

:D

Sorry... couldn't help it. ;)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good gravy! It would be a bad omen if Friday the 13'th coincided with 9/11....

:D

Sorry... couldn't help it. ;)

I'm sure this administration would raise the "Terror" level to orange.