Guns are flying off the shelves

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
There is no way that the gov. could take your guns away from you. Do you realize how hard that would be? They may be able to keep you from buying new ones though. All you would have to say is that you sold it and don't have it anymore. It's not against the law to sell your gun, it is against the law to sell it knowingly to a felon though. To many people with gun though for them to even try.

7starmarc

Green Belt
Reaction score
There is no way that the gov. could take your guns away from you. Do you realize how hard that would be? They may be able to keep you from buying new ones though. All you would have to say is that you sold it and don't have it anymore. It's not against the law to sell your gun, it is against the law to sell it knowingly to a felon though. To many people with gun though for them to even try.

Not true in California. Any transfer of a firearm, even within a family, requires submission of that information to the DoJ.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Just about any semi-auto rifle worth having has been banned in CA for years now. So if anyone wants to know what this feels like just ask me. Oh wait...maybe I can sum it up for you...IT SUCKS!!!

Aren't the RAA Saiga rifles (not shotguns) still legal? Sure you are still neutered on mag capacity, but an AK in sheeps clothing doesn't suck.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
This begs the question... D'ya think that these legislators, Biden, Obama, etc...

Know what Semi-auto means, or do they just hear the "auto" part and assume it's a "machine gun" or do they know, and just play stupid to get what they want?

I don't doubt that there are many people who don't have a friggin clue what they're talking about. However, I personally believe that many of them are working towards the goal of eventually banning all firearms. The "scary assault weapons" are just the first step along the path.

Journeyman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Proof they are clueless:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This begs the question... D'ya think that these legislators, Biden, Obama, etc...

Know what Semi-auto means, or do they just hear the "auto" part and assume it's a "machine gun" or do they know, and just play stupid to get what they want?

Obama and Biden think any gun is a 'machine' and thus a gun is a 'machine gun'. Didn't you guys know that? That's liberal-think.

Deaf

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
saw this on another forum and though it was funny
red_dawnBAMA.jpg

:D

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Sorry man, not True in Illinois... they require us to keep a record for 10 years of the person we sold the weapon to, their address, phone number, and if sold in state their FOID (the illinois owners permit) information as well.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
From http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

(emphasis is mine)
Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

If that isn't a load of horse-**** I don't know what it is. Considering that paranoia is defined as: "baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others," I don't think gun owners are being paranoid about Obama's intentions.

OP
Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets

Considering what is happening in Mexico, I'd say those 'foreign battlefields' are getting mighty close.

And if they are just for 'foreign battlefields' then why does all the police, FBI, DEA, SS, ATF, etc... use those 'assault weapons'. If they are not good enough for us citizens, then they are not good enough for our police.

Deaf

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Added a rifle and a shotgun, along with ammo, to my firearm collection recently. When more money is available and saved up, I'll get another handgun.

- Ceicei

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Considering what is happening in Mexico, I'd say those 'foreign battlefields' are getting mighty close.

And if they are just for 'foreign battlefields' then why does all the police, FBI, DEA, SS, ATF, etc... use those 'assault weapons'. If they are not good enough for us citizens, then they are not good enough for our police.

Deaf

Not to mention, since those weapons were based on Appearance and not function, I wonder how they would fare on the battlefield of today.

Think they are for the battlefield? Lets pull all the true Assault rifles from our fighting boys, and give them the semi-auto and single shot rifles that are banned, because they "look" military, and see what happens. Bet we have a mutiny by the Military.

Lets not forget... TRUE military rifles were not banned by the Assault Weapons Ban. Those were already "banned" (barring exceptions of course) for private ownership by the general public based on their actual function.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Deaf
But that would be an example of the limited governmental powers/checks and balances that the founders had in mind...can't have that.

Lets not forget... TRUE military rifles were not banned by the Assault Weapons Ban. Those were already "banned" (barring exceptions of course) for private ownership by the general public based on their actual function.
Which is just as stupid and unconstitutional.

Come to think about it...that quote above about such weapons only belonging on foreign battlefields reminded me of this quote:
“Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State” ~Heinrich Himmler

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While sitting in the Mall lunch court the other day I over heard more than one conversation about guns. Seem like people in this area are also buying more guns.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not to mention, since those weapons were based on Appearance and not function, I wonder how they would fare on the battlefield of today.

Think they are for the battlefield? Lets pull all the true Assault rifles from our fighting boys, and give them the semi-auto and single shot rifles that are banned, because they "look" military, and see what happens. Bet we have a mutiny by the Military.

Actually the only difference between the semi-auto variants and the full-auto variants is that little part on the safety that says 'Full', and the subsequent bullet hose you turn it in to.

And since Special Operations soldiers are buying firearms like the semi-auto Springfield M1A and SOCOM in .308 for use in Iraq and, especially, Afghanistan because they are SUPERIOR to the M4 carbines issued, that speaks volumes.

Full auto fire is actually of limited usefulness from a carbine. There are two uses for full auto......suppressive fire, which is better from a belt fed machine gun, and extreme close quarters fire.

If you were shooting at me from 75 yards i'd far rather your rifle bet set to full-auto! A lot of this confusion comes from the confusion between a BATTLE RIFLE and an ASSAULT RIFLE! In the open distances of Afghanistan, the Battle Rifle is king!

As to the 2nd Amendment, it was PRECISELY military infantry arms that the founding fathers were PROTECTING our right to keep and bear!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually the only difference between the semi-auto variants and the full-auto variants is that little part on the safety that says 'Full', and the subsequent bullet hose you turn it in to.

I'm gonna disagree with this SLIGHTLY.

The difference is Semi-Auto variants fire ONE time every time you pull the trigger, and Full auto Variants fire MORE THAN ONE time for every trigger pull with the flip of a switch.

A Semi-auto rifle in most cases requires modification to fire burst/auto. Thats the main difference.

OP
Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Texas law says a fully auto fires MORE than 2 shots with a single pull of the trigger. Note I said TEXAS law, not federal. Unfortunatly federal law trumps state law in this case.

The Swiss have always let their National Millita people take their REAL fully auto rifles home with them yet low crime rate. They even have fairs where everyone comes and competes with their rifles! How I wish we had that here (we have some, IDPA, IPSC, IHMSA, NRA HP, etc... but not a fair for all to come to!)

Just picked up 100 rounds of M885 5.56 for 9 bucks a box of 20 (sad, used to be 3 bucks!) Happly I reload so the LC brass makes real good reloads.

Deaf

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gun rights has been an issue that has historically been extremely costly to the Democrats. Why do people believe Obama is willing to squander his momentum on that?

If there is a true belief that Obama wants to have his whole train jump the tracks just to violate our gun rights, why is everyone buying guns most likely to be the targets of confiscation? Wouldn't a good Mauser or shotgun make more sense?

Latest Discussions