Guns are flying off the shelves

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Around here I've been to several shops. ALL the ARs and AKs are gone! SKSs to. Even some bolt military guns! About the only handguns are the more expensive ones.

One guy today was buying 5 or 6 boxes of FMU 9mm, and this store was not as cheep as Wal-Mart. He was paying through the nose for the ammo! We talked about what might happen and these guys really are afraid.

I told them that even if he was elected, it would take till Jan. before he became president and to relax a bit.

Oh well. It's their money.

Deaf

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
And if there is eventually an outright ban, they will be able to find out about anything you bought on a 4473 since (IIRC) the dealer has to retain that form and turn over all his records if he ever goes out of business. (de facto registration?)

Personally, I think ammo and training would be a better way to spend the money.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if there is eventually an outright ban, they will be able to find out about anything you bought on a 4473 since (IIRC) the dealer has to retain that form and turn over all his records if he ever goes out of business. (de facto registration?)

A good reason to buy used guns.....

At the end of the day they can take away weapons but they cannot take away training.

If tomorrow all my guns were gone it would be at best a temporary setback.

Guns? What guns??:shrug:

OP
Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Personally, I think ammo and training would be a better way to spend the money.

And magazines my boy. Lots and lots of high capacity magazines. Even for guns you don't own. Remember the last assault weapons ban and the price of magazines?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know gun's and ammo have been flying off the shelves up here as well. Not just because of the election but also because it is hunting season.
icon6.gif

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know gun's and ammo have been flying off the shelves up here as well. Not just because of the election but also because it is hunting season.
icon6.gif

Yes! Yes. It's hunting season! And there does seem to be a throng of disappointed shoppers hopping from store to store in search of supplies.

Elk season, isn't it? :lol2:

zeeberex

Green Belt
Reaction score
Are we talking actual proof of a ban or just right wing paranoia here? If I want to go out and buy a shotgun, I'll find a way to do it.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are we talking actual proof of a ban or just right wing paranoia here? If I want to go out and buy a shotgun, I'll find a way to do it.

I wouldn't really call it paranoia when it's happened before, has been proposed since (in more restrictive form than the first one), and will probably happen again. And while McCain's track-record of supporting the 2nd Amendment isn't the greatest, Obama's sucks.

If Obama wins today we'll have an extremely liberal president, democrat control of the legislative branch, and (though this will probably happen whichever way the election goes) some Supreme Court appointments...you do the math.

7starmarc

Green Belt
Reaction score

It's not paranoia, it's an excuse to get a new toy! :shooter:

Seriously, bans on these weapons have happened before with less liberal administration/congress combinations, I wouldn't be surprise if they come up during this one.

Journeyman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
First time I haven't had to put up with flak from my wife when I decided to buy a new gun, so I bought three. She's more worried about Obamunism than I am.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
not that I would ever suggest anything illegal but it sounds like a good reason to buy from other than gun shops ( street, friends, etc.)

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
not that I would ever suggest anything illegal but it sounds like a good reason to buy from other than gun shops ( street, friends, etc.)

I would call myself a liberal but at the same time I am very pro- "right to bear arms." The ultimate irony of the quote above is that studies have shown that the vast majority of criminals get thier guns from the street, friends, etc., not gun shops/shows.
Here's a wild idea: Don't ban guns, enforce the gun laws that are already in place.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score

Just so everyone is clear...buying a gun from someone other than a dealer (commonly referred to in the gun world as a "face to face" transaction) is not illegal in most places. I can buy from and sell to friends all day long.