Groin Kicks

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My training has showed me that a strike to the groin is very important to avoid the penis so the force of strike gos straight into the testicles. Your penis and your kidney will hurt for a short time but you're testicles will hurt much worse and for a longer time.
Yeah, I suppose, but if the are wearing a cup, aim for the side; so that it cuts their leg. :bored:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not saying that your wrong but the worst pain I ever came to feel was last year in Belize it happened when I came out of the ocean and to local kids came up to me to ask for directions. I glanced away for a second and one of the boys kicked me squarelly in my scrotum. I was only wearing a swim suit so I did not have any guard for my testicles. Thr pain was extremely bad and I had to go to the clinic. The clinic nurse had to push my left testicle from my pelvis back in to my scrotum. The pain was horrible.
I have three times broken arms, and several other broken bones also. It is always extremely painful if you have a broken bone but the pain in the testicles is much worse if done by a good fighter.

I did not say that getting kicked in the testicles did not hurt.

What I said was that some people, depending on circumstances, are able to ignore the pain and continue to fight.

People on drugs are well-known for being able to ignore debilitating injuries, at least temporarily. As a former law enforcement officer, I have personally witnessed people ignoring being hit in the groin, beat on with nightsticks, and being sprayed directly in the face with Mace.

Personally, if I get kicked in the wedding tackle, I'm liable to keel over and puke my guts out. But not everyone does.

That is why we aim our kicks to break the pelvis. The testicles are in the way - they will be demolished as well - but that's not the target, they are just in the way of the kick so they get taken out too.

jondoe297

White Belt
Reaction score
As a former law enforcement officer, I have personally witnessed people ignoring being hit in the groin, beat on with nightsticks, and being sprayed directly in the face with Mace.
As a current one, I reiterate all the points that you make. Any one of, or combination of; mental illness, "chemical courage", or just outright determination can make a person endure tremendous amounts of pain, almost to the point of seeming immune to it.

I learned the hard way that a solid shot to a person's groin isn't a fight stopper. Many years ago, when I was a young, cocky 1st Dan, I found myself in a fight with two equally young (and equally cocky) sailors, who seemed bent on a night of causing trouble. Sailor #1 charged at me, was met by a solid front kick to the groin, and was unaffected by it. He proceeded to barrel over me, which resulted in me on my back, getting pummeled by two people. I look back on that incident as a "training moment".

Latest Discussions