Greetings and salutations.

CNida

Green Belt
Reaction score
My name is Chris. I currently reside in the northwest Arkansas area.

I am military veteran, having served three years in the United States Army as an all-source Intelligence Analyst.

I have very little to no formal training in a martial art in the traditional sense. I am currently level 2 certified in Modern Army Combatives, which may not mean much to some folks, including myself.

I have dabbled in multiple facets of MMA off and on since I joined the military, including freestyle wrestling, BJJ, boxing and Muay Thai.

I love martial arts in general. Learning about the basic values, logic, and principles of martial arts is something I enjoy doing.

On a related note, I am currently doing a little soul searching. I have always wanted to find a specific martial art that I can devote myself to and become proficient in. One that I feel is both practical and useful for my current lifestyle and profession. I hope to use this forum to achieve that goal, learn what others opinions are and learn about different martial arts, and if there is anything that can be learned from my own experiences, all the better.

Nice to meet you all, and I sincerely look forward to interacting with you on the forums.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not: He is a fool. Shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: He is simple. Teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: He is asleep. Awaken him. He who knows and knows that he knows: He is wise. Follow him."
- Bruce Lee

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. You have stumbled across a vast pool of knowledge to utilize in your journey.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm new here too - it's a great forum with a wide variety of martial artists.

Where finding a new art is concerned you're best finding out whats available (local) to you first and from there deciding on what you'd like to try. Most places offer at least one free introductory lesson so my advice would be to try a few different styles out and pick something that you think you'd enjoy most.

Good luck!

Latest Discussions