Greetings from the UK

Jordan274

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all.

I thought the best thing would be to introduce myself and whaat I'm studing in Martial arts.

My name is Jordan, as you may have guessed since my user name x3.
I live in the UK, specifically Wales, but I'm actually English.

I'm currently studying Wing Chun, not long started.
And I know I'm going to get a lot of people telling me how silly I am for studying this but to be honest I'm really enjoying it, and I'm not bias towards my particular art (Saying its the best, because I know that no martial art is monoply over another, no matter what anyone says).

So yeah.

I how I get along fine with everyone and find new friends to discuss and learn about all things of Martial Arts.

Thank you for reading

- Regards

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! there's plenty of Wing Chun people here for you to chat to and who will tell you it's not in the least silly to practice this art, in fact we'll all tell you that lol! doing a style you enjoy is important and you will get a lot out of it.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Jordan. MT is a good supplement to your training, enjoy.
icon7.gif

OP
J

Jordan274

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! there's plenty of Wing Chun people here for you to chat to and who will tell you it's not in the least silly to practice this art, in fact we'll all tell you that lol! doing a style you enjoy is important and you will get a lot out of it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, as you can imagine I've had a few people tell me to change martial arts for the reasons you probably well know xD.

To be honest though my sifu is a very humble and great man and I'm lucky to find someone who I believe teaches a great art. Especially in this day and age when money is on the top of the agenda for some teachers (Who I wont bother to name in fear of being wrong, as I'm less experienced then most).

- Jordan

OP
J

Jordan274

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, Jordan. MT is a good supplement to your training, enjoy.
icon7.gif

Thanks for the infomation.
I'm presuming MT stands for Mauy Tai. I've heard that its great to complement with a lot of different Martial arts.
As I've not long start WC, I'm currently concentrate on this.
But I will definately look into it x3

Edit: I've just noticed you meant Martial Talk lol , how stupid do I now feel!

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence, as you can imagine I've had a few people tell me to change martial arts for the reasons you probably well know xD.

To be honest though my sifu is a very humble and great man and I'm lucky to find someone who I believe teaches a great art. Especially in this day and age when money is on the top of the agenda for some teachers (Who I wont bother to name in fear of being wrong, as I'm less experienced then most).

- Jordan

If you ever feel like changing to MMA though you have some good clubs locally lol! Actually Sami Berik a very good MMA fighter comes from a Wing Chun background, nice guy always ready to help anyone.
http://samiberik.com/blog/?page_id=2

Tell people to wind their necks in when they tell you to change style, you won't learn anything at a place you don't enjoy even if it were to be the 'best in the world' which of course there's no such thing. :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the infomation.
I'm presuming MT stands for Mauy Tai. I've heard that its great to complement with a lot of different Martial arts.
As I've not long start WC, I'm currently concentrate on this.
But I will definately look into it x3

Edit: I've just noticed you meant Martial Talk lol , how stupid do I now feel!
No harm done. Make sure you use the search feature at the top of the screen, you will find it useful.
icon7.gif

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seeing the location listed in your header, Jordan, I was tempted to open with "Shw mae! Mae'n dda gen i gwrdd a chi". But then you 'fessed to being one of the despised English like me :lol:.

If the Welsh is off, please forgive me - I learned it when I had a Welsh girlfriend a few decades back and so it's almost rusted completely away :eek:.

Welcome aboard the Martial Talk cruise liner. Find a seat at the table, tuck your feet under, order a drink and settle in for a good chat :).

OP
J

Jordan274

White Belt
Reaction score
Seeing the location listed in your header, Jordan, I was tempted to open with "Shw mae! Mae'n dda gen i gwrdd a chi". But then you 'fessed to being one of the despised English like me :lol:.

If the Welsh is off, please forgive me - I learned it when I had a Welsh girlfriend a few decades back and so it's almost rusted completely away :eek:.

Welcome aboard the Martial Talk cruise liner. Find a seat at the table, tuck your feet under, order a drink and settle in for a good chat :).

You could of opened with it, but I couldnt reply as I dont have a clue lol.
I'm learning Welsh though slowly but surely.

OP
J

Jordan274

White Belt
Reaction score
If you ever feel like changing to MMA though you have some good clubs locally lol! Actually Sami Berik a very good MMA fighter comes from a Wing Chun background, nice guy always ready to help anyone.
http://samiberik.com/blog/?page_id=2

Tell people to wind their necks in when they tell you to change style, you won't learn anything at a place you don't enjoy even if it were to be the 'best in the world' which of course there's no such thing. :)

I'll keep what you said in mind.
Sami Berik reminds me of a real life Wolverine. But actually I like his MA background as I'm also interested in Tai Chi myself. But I want to concentrate on Wing Chun first x3

Latest Discussions