Greetings all

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a 26 year old man living in Texas, and have been obsessed with martial arts since I was very young. I started out learning combatives frm my father who was an Army Ranger. After a while I began researching every martial art that I could find info on. Eventually I was introduced to my father's friend, who happened to have spent some time in Israel. He began teaching me Krav Maga and I fell in love with the simplicity and effectiveness of the style. I trained in this style for several years, though I kept researching as I was beyond obsessed with learning as much as I could.
Eventually we moved and I found myself without a training partner. I decided to enroll at a local Aikido dojo and really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and gentleness of this style. While studying Aikido I also took classes in Kenjutsu, which I also enjoyed very much. I studied for a little over a year before having to move once again.
Since then I have picked up parts of several styles from people over the years. Recently I've picked up an interest in Bujinkan Budo Taijitsu and several forms of Kung Fu. A lot has happened in a short amount of time, and because of depression I have become very out of shape, but I'm working on getting back into martial arts and hopefully will be taking classes again soon. Not sure which style I want to learn but I am leaning heavily toward Krav Maga once again.

As a side note, all of my posting at the moment is done on my phone. I usually pay close attention to what I type, but ocassionally my phone will "auto correct" with random words that are completely different than what I entered and I miss the mistake. So if a word in my post makes no sense, I appologize in advance and will correct it when I notice the phone has made me look like a fool yet again.

Happy to be here, I've browsed some of the threads already and look forward to many discussions.

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice to meet you Drasken, I'll be looking forward to reading your posts. Welcome to MT.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot has happened in a short amount of time, and because of depression I have become very out of shape, but I'm working on getting back into martial arts and hopefully will be taking classes again soon. Not sure which style I want to learn but I am leaning heavily toward Krav Maga once again.

Been there brother... Sometimes the world can be a difficult place. Glad to hear you are up and fighting again. Welcome to MT and best of luck with your training.

Latest Discussions