Grapplers: Are you still training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here you go. One in the medical community provided information about covid and another in the medical community disagrees.

Here in lies the problems. The medical community, the CDC, the WHO, the science communities don't agree with the data, the science, nor what to do about it. How can those charged with making decisions as to the best course of action for rest of us know what to do!?
The basic recommendations are mostly consistent across the medical and scientific community, with most differences being either time-based (new information coming out) or a matter of degree.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Effective would be taking the information stream out of the mainstream medias hands and putting it under the medical community where is should have been all along.
When the president, the vice president, the press secretary, are all denouncing science and undercutting the scientists, I wonder why you would blame the media. Just within the last few days they are all on record saying they don't want science getting in the way of opening schools. Think about that.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
When the president, the vice president, the press secretary, are all denouncing science and undercutting the scientists, I wonder why you would blame the media. Just within the last few days they are all on record saying they don't want science getting in the way of opening schools. Think about that.
You either misunderstood what you heard or you only passing on someone else's opinion on what they thought they heard. Go listen to the whole discussion. They actually said the science is on their side.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You either misunderstood what you heard or you only passing on someone else's opinion on what they thought they heard. Go listen to the whole discussion. They actually said the science is on their side.
I heard it from McEneny who passed it on from Pence. Sure, she says "The president has said unmistakably that he wants schools to open...When he says open, he means open and full, kids being able to attend each and every day at their school. The science should not stand in the way of this." And then 10 seconds later she says the science is on their side without ever explaining what that means. Regardless of one's politics, the question remains why the media is to be blamed. I mean, at most, this current administration is criminally negligent in their approach to the pandemic. But at the very least, they have bungled this entire situation. They sent mixed signals, muddled messages, and internally inconsistent statements to the public which have exacerbated the scope of the pandemic, hurt the economy, and caused a lot of unnecessary sickness and death. The media didn't do that. The president and his administration did it.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Because that's part of the playbook. The Worst President In The History of History has decreed that anything or anyone that disagrees with him is Fake News. Even when they're only pointing out one of the 20,000 plus documentable lies he's told.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well if you have school age Children make sure you get accurate case data by checking multiple sources from different institutions. Then think twice about sending your child to school. Take the online option if available. Depending on where you are, by the time school opens, most school are going to change their mind about in person teaching.

It'll be just like the opening of businesses, where states opened up early, learned the hard way that was a mistake, and then had to walk it back. If they are ultimately going to walk it back, then it's better to not go through that lesson with them.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I heard it from McEneny who passed it on from Pence. Sure, she says "The president has said unmistakably that he wants schools to open...When he says open, he means open and full, kids being able to attend each and every day at their school. The science should not stand in the way of this." And then 10 seconds later she says the science is on their side without ever explaining what that means. Regardless of one's politics, the question remains why the media is to be blamed. I mean, at most, this current administration is criminally negligent in their approach to the pandemic. But at the very least, they have bungled this entire situation. They sent mixed signals, muddled messages, and internally inconsistent statements to the public which have exacerbated the scope of the pandemic, hurt the economy, and caused a lot of unnecessary sickness and death. The media didn't do that. The president and his administration did it.

She cited the JAMA Pediatrics study that listed “46 Pediatrics Hospitals in North America that said the risk of critical illness from Covid is far less for children than that of seasonal flu. The science is on our side here and we encourage for localities and states to just simply follow the science; open our schools. It is very damaging to our children. There is a lack of reporting of abuse, there is mental depressions not addressed, suicidal ideations not being addressed when students are not in school. Our schools are extremely important, they are essential and they must reopen."

Now I agree there has been a lot of changing information and mistaken information from the medical community, the WHO, and the CDC from which decisions have been may. As I stated above there is a lot of misinformation flowing from everywhere.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We are watching/hearing two very different news streams. You don't thing Fauci is driven by other than 'scientific' motives? C'mon man.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Those are not different things. The media tries to digest the information and disseminate it. Some topics they do better than others on. I also read directly from study abstracts, and occasionally full reports, to get closer to the experts’ own words.
Smart man.
I do strongly feel there is not enough accurate and verified data out there yet for anyone to do more than take a poke in the dark at this point.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That’s likely an antibody test, which actually tests for the immune response to the virus. So a positive test there doesn’t indicate an active infection, but that there once was one.
Yes, that is what they said. But they also said he would always test positive which I do not understand at all.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We are watching/hearing two very different news streams. You don't thing Fauci is driven by other than 'scientific' motives? C'mon man.
Regarding Fauci, he's a career NIH scientist who's been working at the NIH since 1968, through Nixon (R), Ford (R), Carter (D), Reagan (R), Bush (R), Clinton (D), Bush (R), and Obama (D). What kind of "other" motive are you suggesting? What could his angle possibly be? This is astoundingly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions