Grand Event 3 in 1????????

Dragons TKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I hope this one goes well.. it will be my first of these types of events. I'm going to be booking my trip this week.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man there is noway I would ever trust them to do an event like this again. People hide your money because that is what this is about.
icon10.gif

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
It seems like the Kukkiwon learnt from Las Vegas. Regarding the Special Testing, I think this paragraph is particularly telling:

"USAT also will conduct “Black Belt Special Tests” in conjunction with the Kukkiwon Poomsae seminar for those who wish to establish official USAT recognized Dan ranks. USAT “Black Belt Special Test” applications will be reviewed and tests will be conducted by highly recognized Grandmasters in the US".

I'm assuming they'll be processing Kukkiwon certificates (as they're a WTF MNA) but it's interesting that they say "in conjunction with" rather than "performed by Kukkiwon experts", they say that the rank will be "USAT recognized" not worldwide/Kukkiwon recognized and that the tests aren't going to be performed highly recognized Grandmasters from the Kukkiwon.

I may be wrong, but that would be my concerns after reading that paragraph.

Dragons TKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't plan on doing any kind of rank testing. I already have my Kukkiwon certificate, so I don't see a point in getting one from USA-T.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It seems like the Kukkiwon learnt from Las Vegas. Regarding the Special Testing, I think this paragraph is particularly telling:

"USAT also will conduct “Black Belt Special Tests” in conjunction with the Kukkiwon Poomsae seminar for those who wish to establish official USAT recognized Dan ranks. USAT “Black Belt Special Test” applications will be reviewed and tests will be conducted by highly recognized Grandmasters in the US".

I'm assuming they'll be processing Kukkiwon certificates (as they're a WTF MNA) but it's interesting that they say "in conjunction with" rather than "performed by Kukkiwon experts", they say that the rank will be "USAT recognized" not worldwide/Kukkiwon recognized and that the tests aren't going to be performed highly recognized Grandmasters from the Kukkiwon.

I may be wrong, but that would be my concerns after reading that paragraph.

Translation - probably the Poomsae Seminar is KKW approved - have to check their website but the testing has nothing to do at all with KKW or KKW certification. It is for the USAT Dan certification. Wonder if they are using up the old certificates signed by JP Chai and Hong Kong Kim? USAT Dan program was a great idea, it was to be implemented years ago, it last days before David killed it as KKW threatened to pull the KKW test if they didn't. The MAC will be conducting the test and those taking the test will be required to take the poomsae seminar to increase the revenue on this for the MAC who also gets a cut of USAT Dan Testings.

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't understand how they could get KKW approval for the testing.

Article 19 : Sanctions If any of the following violations are committed, the
violator shall be sanctioned by expulsion, deprivation of Dan certificates
and/or suspension of memberships.
(1) Alteration or disqualification of Dan certificates
(2) Dan promotion testing executed by unauthorized persons
(3) Issuing Dan certificates by the name of own instructors or Member
National Association

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't understand how they could get KKW approval for the testing.

Article 19 : Sanctions If any of the following violations are committed, the
violator shall be sanctioned by expulsion, deprivation of Dan certificates
and/or suspension of memberships.
(1) Alteration or disqualification of Dan certificates
(2) Dan promotion testing executed by unauthorized persons
(3) Issuing Dan certificates by the name of own instructors or Member
National Association

read it - they didn't get approval. It is a USAT Dan test with KKW poomsae seminar.

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I understand that...... But by GM JP Choi putting his name on it..... See where I'm coming from.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
USAT Dan program was a great idea, it was to be implemented years ago, it last days before David killed it as KKW threatened to pull the KKW test if they didn't.
What benefits did it bring to Taekwondoin to have a USAT certificate?

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What benefits did it bring to Taekwondoin to have a USAT certificate?

None at all it will be like every other org out there, good for there org but nobody else. You still would need a KKW to do international events, just like always.

Dragons TKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Can someone help me make sense of this please?

It's saying there is 40 hours of training for the Master Certification and an additional 8 hours for the poomsae seminar. There are also separate fees for both courses. How am I supposed to do both courses? I can't see packing 48 hours of training in 3 days.

Is the Poomsae seminar somehow included in the Master Certification? Are they completely separate from each other, and by choosing one, you can't really do the other?

Please help my feeble mind process this.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can someone help me make sense of this please?

It's saying there is 40 hours of training for the Master Certification and an additional 8 hours for the poomsae seminar. There are also separate fees for both courses. How am I supposed to do both courses? I can't see packing 48 hours of training in 3 days.

Is the Poomsae seminar somehow included in the Master Certification? Are they completely separate from each other, and by choosing one, you can't really do the other?

Please help my feeble mind process this.

I am sorry to say but if it has the initial USAT it is not suppose to make sense. That is how they get you sign up for things that have no rhime or reasons. Remember they are here for the athletes, right>>>>>:rofl:

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can you imagine the intense pressure that USAT must be feeling, from all sides?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
USAT Dan program was a great idea, it was to be implemented years ago, it last days before David killed it as KKW threatened to pull the KKW test if they didn't.

How is it a great idea for a WTF Member National Association to expressly and intentionally violate a WTF Rule? And the USAT Dan Program was implemented years ago, and it completely flopped because no one wanted it.

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How is it a great idea for a WTF Member National Association to expressly and intentionally violate a WTF Rule? And the USAT Dan Program was implemented years ago, and it completely flopped because no one wanted it.

Is it a WTF or a Kukkiwon rule?

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR DAN CERTIFICATE WITH OR WITH OUT FRYS?

USAT VEGAS Skip Dan a 4th Dan who just tested for 5th before Vegas , Note Dan not recieved by KKW yet goes to Vegas to get a 7th Dan now says they are Grand master right after?

Why not have Mcdonalds drive through USAT certificates?

Really any org can issue certs and anybody can get them its a legal right but for those in the KKW world it is expressly written that only KKW can issue Dan Certs and anyone issuing seperate Certs can be expelled for life?

The wording of thier anouncement is interesting do they think people do not understand English? Does KKW understand thier name is being used to imply they are issuing Dan Ranks?

Latest Discussions