GPS Trackers

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey please keep it polite, that is just a baited response. We do work!!
That's what it looked like your saying. We have to leave our cover and do our jobs as robots. Here when we say something about cover it's a nice quiet place to hide

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look it is quite simple, I understand the environment of which I work. Perhaps I jumped the gun when citing political, for that I would apologise for the confusion. However, the fact remains that in the context of our job, it is not needed. I don't know, call it an English attitude towards all things that piss me off!!
That's any job. Ask anyone here and they can tell you stupid things they do at their jobs. I could write a book on the nonsense we do everyday that's not needed

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to do it manually right.
If you click the "REPLY" button, it automatically quotes. If you just want to reply to the thread, just click into the reply box at the bottom, and you're good to go. Multi-quotes (quoting from more than one post) is a little harder. Click "QUOTE" in the desired posts, and "MORE OPTIONS..." while typing your reply, and you'll get a window that lets you manage the inserts.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what it looked like your saying. We have to leave our cover and do our jobs as robots. Here when we say something about cover it's a nice quiet place to hide

Okay point taken. I meant cover as the umbrella I have created. Hey no offence man, I just jumped on that.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you click the "REPLY" button, it automatically quotes. If you just want to reply to the thread, just click into the reply box at the bottom, and you're good to go. Multi-quotes (quoting from more than one post) is a little harder. Click "QUOTE" in the desired posts, and "MORE OPTIONS..." while typing your reply, and you'll get a window that lets you manage the inserts.

Okay thanks. I don't mind inputting [] [/] marks, but the quote button was a bit easier.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Look it is quite simple, I understand the environment of which I work. Perhaps I jumped the gun when citing political, for that I would apologise for the confusion. However, the fact remains that in the context of our job, it is not needed. I don't know, call it an English attitude towards all things that piss me off!!
You say it's a fact that these are not needed. But management seems to disagree with you. Weird, since you say you understand your work environment.

Things just aren't adding up My advice would be to go about your business day as though you already have a gps tracker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You say it's a fact that these are not needed. But management seems to disagree with you. Weird, since you say you understand your work environment.

Things just aren't adding up My advice would be to go about your business day as though you already have a gps tracker.

The things that don't add up is that you do not understand our environment. Hey look, we could both bat back and forth assertions, but you know it will worthless to to keep guessing.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The things that don't add up is that you do not understand our environment. Hey look, we could both bat back and forth assertions, but you know it will worthless to to keep guessing.
lets say your employer has no reason for Gps trackers other than to spy on you. Can you help me understand why your employer shouldn't take steps to better track its employees' time? Why shouldn't they spy on you?

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lets say your employer has no reason for Gps trackers other than to spy on you. Can you help me understand why your employer shouldn't take steps to better track its employees' time? Why shouldn't they spy on you?

We work for a security company, not MI6. There is already the mechanism in place for staff auditing. You are asking why should they not spy, because I far as I am concerned, (in this sense all my colleagues as well) why should they spy.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally find it an invasion of my privacy for my employer to ask (or sneakily) to spy on me. Think we have laws to protect us from that as well. I did have an experience once when they started tracking or blackberries. I kept turning it off and they threatened me with job loss if I didn't confirm. Still have my job and not tracked.

Not interested in playing their big brother games either. They could try and sack me for it, pretty sure I'd come out on top.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally find it an invasion of my privacy for my employer to ask (or sneakily) to spy on me. Think we have laws to protect us from that as well. I did have an experience once when they started tracking or blackberries. I kept turning it off and they threatened me with job loss if I didn't confirm. Still have my job and not tracked.

Not interested in playing their big brother games either. They could try and sack me for it, pretty sure I'd come out on top.

Yes I agree. It is an invasion of privacy. Obviously the rabbit goes deep with differing corporate and employment rules and what not, but when things Facebook are monitored, radio transmissions, visual checks on cameras etc, it all gets too much. Until I see some information on how it will be implemented, I, and my colleagues will remain skeptical.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I dont think a GPS tracker that you know your wearing is spying. I think if they secretly did it and you were not aware thats one thing. Are there cameras in your building?

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think a GPS tracker that you know your wearing is spying. I think if they secretly did it and you were not aware thats one thing. Are there cameras in your building?

Internal control room monitoring camera with live audio recording as well. Meant for an MOP, but it has been used against officers quite frequently. Sometimes if some things go wrong, someone said something wrong in regards to the job, then yes. However, the site security manager has the ability to listen to whatever he wants. We can as well, which is probably just as bad, but we do only when absolutely necessary, not as a tool to catch people out.

We have a modest bank of 45 cameras throughout the site, take in other factors like part of it is residential, there is no where we can hide.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So your already being spied on so not really worth being upset over

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You no doubt right about that, but sometimes, in our case, enough is enough. It is also very difficult to convey without naming certain stuff.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If it bothers you that much then fight the good fight. Me I dont really care if people know where I am or what Im doing. Theyare about to strap a camera on my chest soon to record everything I do.................. so a GPS isnt that bad

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it bothers you that much then fight the good fight. Me I dont really care if people know where I am or what Im doing. Theyare about to strap a camera on my chest soon to record everything I do.................. so a GPS isnt that bad

Guess so, is about just socking it to them for a change. Anyway's, body cams we have them. British police type, but their pretty flimsy!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I guess I never understood the whole stick it to your employer mentality. If your job is that miserable to you why stay and hate going? We have alot of turmoil at my job right now and morale is at an all time low. Everyone's looking for ways to "stick it" to the boss. I'm not happy right now but I go do my job. If it gets too bad I'll just go find a new one. In fact I've got applications in at 2 places I'm waiting to hear back from. I have no desire to get into a pissing match with the bosses because I'll loose.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I never understood the whole stick it to your employer mentality. If your job is that miserable to you why stay and hate going? We have alot of turmoil at my job right now and morale is at an all time low. Everyone's looking for ways to "stick it" to the boss. I'm not happy right now but I go do my job. If it gets too bad I'll just go find a new one. In fact I've got applications in at 2 places I'm waiting to hear back from. I have no desire to get into a pissing match with the bosses because I'll loose.

Well for one, this has been building up for months. I suppose I will have to concede that being here for 13 years may have an impact.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you points you make are very valid Ballen, I choose not to based on personal principle.

I've seen trust broken and abuse of privilege on both sides before. But tracking is just another facet.

I also think your role in society has different expectations and requirements. All I can imagine is the benefits and safety aspects would out weight the negatives.

But the 95% of the rest of the population don't have to deal with anything remotely confronting as you would.

If an employers purpose to track is to performance manage its employees, I see ethical issues with allowing this, as it's give an inch, take a mile. There are plenty of ways to do this without knowing someone's longitude and latitude. And without good reason, is just another element to squeeze more out of people and put them over the barrel.

Latest Discussions