GPS Trackers

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess sometimes you have to suck it up. If I'm trading it right, it's a choice needed to retain a client and not necessarily your employers choice?

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do your job you don't need to worry about it. People are freaking at my work because if body cameras. Me I'm like who cares I don't do things I'm not supposed to anyway so my footage will be boring
What freaks them out, is it a privacy thing? I'm guessing in your line if work it's for use against anyone trying to pull a fast one on you in court?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What freaks them out, is it a privacy thing? I'm guessing in your line if work it's for use against anyone trying to pull a fast one on you in court?
I just think people in general don't want their every move recorded. Everything you say, do, eat, every phonecall, ect will be recorded. Plus people don't like change. I don't really want one more thing to put on my uniform but I understand the benefits outweigh the negative

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is pretty much what we as employees have to endure. It is like this in structure. We have commercial management in Land Securities. We have an Estate management company for the residential (apartments) side of things. Thirdly there is the marina company looking after the boating side of things. ................ where in our contract did it say that when issuing parking tickets, we were to receive a new PDA for the job..............

That's a very grey and murky area in itself that can put you in a bad position.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
"I own your ****" painted on it.
Not at all. You have the power to leave anytime you want. I've walked out of several jobs because I disagreed with management. I'll probably be walking away from this one soon due to some issues.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walking away is not always an option, jobs can be few and far between here. Depending on circumstances having principles is something not everyone can afford. The South of England is more prosperous and may have more jobs but the cost of living is higher. Security work is minimum wage, police work however is very well paid. Up in the grim North there is little work, factories are closed, steel mills and coal mines closed with nothing coming in to replace the jobs. Retraining and education non existent. So, if you have job you hang on to it, the present government historically have always shown it prefers this situation where it controls workers with the fear if losing their jobs. With thousands of people to each job they never fear they will be without workers. It's hard to explain what it's like here without writing an essay lol but you do have to hang onto a job if you have one regardless of conditions sadly.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not at all. You have the power to leave anytime you want. I've walked out of several jobs because I disagreed with management. I'll probably be walking away from this one soon due to some issues.

I agree with you on that. Over the years I have done the same thing. Look like yourself I have also being actively looking elsewhere. I receive emails everything day showing me a million new potential jobs. It can be very difficult to gain different employment. I have to that game too by not walking out. Yes you are indeed correct with myself possessing the power to leave. However, I do not have the power to affect that for the good. Anyway, good luck with it all!

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walking away is not always an option, jobs can be few and far between here. Depending on circumstances having principles is something not everyone can afford. The South of England is more prosperous and may have more jobs but the cost of living is higher. Security work is minimum wage, police work however is very well paid. Up in the grim North there is little work, factories are closed, steel mills and coal mines closed with nothing coming in to replace the jobs. Retraining and education non existent. So, if you have job you hang on to it, the present government historically have always shown it prefers this situation where it controls workers with the fear if losing their jobs. With thousands of people to each job they never fear they will be without workers. It's hard to explain what it's like here without writing an essay lol but you do have to hang onto a job if you have one regardless of conditions sadly.

Very very well said Ma'am. Yes the same culture of fear that permeates every little corner of life on this island. This also ties in with our present circumstances down here.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Very very well said Ma'am. Yes the same culture of fear that permeates every little corner of life on this island. This also ties in with our present circumstances down here.
If true, that really stinks for you guys. It would be terrible to live in a pervasive culture of fear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If true, that really stinks for you guys. It would be terrible to live in a pervasive culture of fear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh yes it is true alright. It is very much a shut up and do as your told thing. Can't upset certain people for fear of having a bad mark against staff and who I work for. Yeah it stinks, and even more so, when it is apparent to all of us that it may worsen. It is politics all the time. I am being on the level here.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh yes it is true alright. It is very much a shut up and do as your told thing.
Thats life man you dont like it start your own company. Being the boss has advantages
Can't upset certain people for fear of having a bad mark against staff and who I work for. Yeah it stinks, and even more so, when it is apparent to all of us that it may worsen. It is politics all the time. I am being on the level here.
Cant be that bad your still there. RIght now the compensation is greater then the headaches. When the headaches are worse then the compensation then it wont matter if the job market sucks you just go

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If its that bad where it work it wont matter you just go. If your still working then its not that bad there yet

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats life man you dont like it start your own company. Being the boss has advantages

Cant be that bad your still there. RIght now the compensation is greater then the headaches. When the headaches are worse then the compensation then it wont matter if the job market sucks you just go

I am too old to do what I would have done years ago. If I just quit I will be rendered well and truly boned. In this country fella, it is very very difficult to gain new employment. Even at my last disciplinary putting me on a first and final written warning, I said to them just sack me then, no they said, what will you do then. That is the climate now. I am not convinced that I would be able to claim unemployment benefit even being sacked. Plus also I have rent to pay. training to pay for and the gym. While I completely agree that I have the power to walk away, it would be futile for me to do so.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fearing for your jobs is the Tories SOP. Keeps the peasants down, and if you think I'm joking you should look at where the Tories went to school, all the top exclusive Public Schools. Class, which is not just based on money here, very much rules when the Tories are in power that and the Old Boy network.
Anyway before we get told to shunt off to the Study I will stop lol.

Can we have the old emoticons back please? Many were martial arts related like the 'bow' one, liked that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If its that bad where it work it wont matter you just go. If your still working then its not that bad there yet

I don't know Transk's situation, he could have six kids and a disabled partner to support for example, so can't comment on his individual situation. working in a bad job, however bad is better than living on the streets though. We may have Social Security but it's harder to claim than people think, you also have to have a permanent address to receive it which the homeless don't so no home and no money is worse than the worse job.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ive only had 1 job I wasnt allowed to quit and that was the military. Towards the end I HATED it. I told myself I'll never stay at a job I hate again. If it gets to the point I just dread going to work Ill quit.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive only had 1 job I wasnt allowed to quit and that was the military. Towards the end I HATED it. I told myself I'll never stay at a job I hate again. If it gets to the point I just dread going to work Ill quit.

I'm lucky I've liked all my jobs, and if I didn't again I'm lucky in that I could quit. Dreading going to work but not being able to quit is really terrible to contemplate. Wage slavery indeed yet sadly I think it's reality for many everywhere.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's important to remember that some folks here, like Tez and Transk are in a different country. Things there could be very different than here in the US. Shoot -- you know that things are different just by crossing from one state to another. There's a pretty good chance that you have a collective bargaining union; I don't.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know Transk's situation, he could have six kids and a disabled partner to support for example, so can't comment on his individual situation. working in a bad job, however bad is better than living on the streets though. We may have Social Security but it's harder to claim than people think, you also have to have a permanent address to receive it which the homeless don't so no home and no money is worse than the worse job.

Luckily I do not have kids, then again maybe unlucky. I know through bitter and cold experience of the streets. I came from there and went back there a couple of times. I was very fortunate to get placed in a shelter. The Brit police came off good on that one. You want I would love to have a rant about Uncle Dave and the establishment. He was Cambridge I believe. Maybe it just takes a Brit to understand it with no offence to the American members, I would just like to make that clear!

Last edited:

Latest Discussions