Got my camo belt!

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
As some of you may know I restarted my TKD journey after not training for 3 years. Last week I tested for Camo recommended from white, so I was able to skip all the beginner belts. I am now learning the ATAs form before black belt and it has some really interesting transitions that I did not see in my previous style. I also really enjoy learning basic weapons!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
As some of you may know I restarted my TKD journey after not training for 3 years. Last week I tested for Camo recommended from white, so I was able to skip all the beginner belts. I am now learning the ATAs form before black belt and it has some really interesting transitions that I did not see in my previous style. I also really enjoy learning basic weapons!
Camo ? I don’t know much about belts but that’s new to me. What is the progression? Congrats on your new belt.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
What type of interesting transitions?
It's interesting because in my old style "Chung Do Kwan" the forms did not have many kicks. The Songham forms kick a lot more and from a variety of stances.

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm always a bit apprehensive when I hear about ATA. My experience with their schools has been very money hungry, nickel and dime you at every corner and borderline cultish. They even went as far as to copyright their forms. But hey, if you like it keep it up! Did you do the Kukkiwon forms in your old CDK school or was it the really old CDK style that still does the pyung ahn series?

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm always a bit apprehensive when I hear about ATA. My experience with their schools has been very money hungry, nickel and dime you at every corner and borderline cultish. They even went as far as to copyright their forms. But hey, if you like it keep it up! Did you do the Kukkiwon forms in your old CDK school or was it the really old CDK style that still does the pyung ahn series?
It’s definitely expensive, my first month was like $500 between registration, tuition, uniforms, and gear. I haven’t been there long enough to experience anything too negative. In my old school we did chon ji - Chong Moo, kwangae etc.

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It’s definitely expensive, my first month was like $500 between registration, tuition, uniforms, and gear. I haven’t been there long enough to experience anything too negative. In my old school we did chon ji - Chong Moo, kwangae etc.
Say what?!!!!!!

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
$500? Holy swear word!!!! As a [successful] school owner that seems very unreasonable to me. But if you see the value in that then who am I to dissuade you?

Sounds like your old school was ITF/Traditional TKD.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
$500? Holy swear word!!!! As a [successful] school owner that seems very unreasonable to me. But if you see the value in that then who am I to dissuade you?

Sounds like your old school was ITF/Traditional TKD.
$125 one time registration fee, $169 for the month, $25 for training shirt, $47 for training sword, $88 chest protector, and $54 face shield. I see that several are one time purchases , but I still find it obnoxiously expensive.

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
$125 one time registration fee, $169 for the month, $25 for training shirt, $47 for training sword, $88 chest protector, and $54 face shield. I see that several are one time purchases , but I still find it obnoxiously expensive.
All of those costs make sense except for the registration fee.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
All of those costs make sense except for the registration fee.
Yeah I’m not a fan, but they said it’s a one time fee to pay for your membership to the ATA.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
Keep up your training. Always nice to see a fellow ATAer on the board - welcome!
Hello Balrog, good to hear from you again. Yes, let's see what the ATA is all about!

Denoaikido

Green Belt
Reaction score
At are tkd school camo belt is for kids how in the world did you go from white belt to cammo in one turn I ask this because you'd have to know them upper belts requirement and exceed them but how do you do that as a white belt maybe pay them 500 but if you worked hard for it I apologize but most martial artist I'm sure read this post and point out the same in their heads happy new years

Latest Discussions