Good workout program for strength and speed...

Karate_Warrior

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi.
I want to have a workout program that fits with my martial arts workout and tricking.

So I do NOT want to build huge muscles like a bodybuilder, but small and powerfull muscles.

That would suit best since I'm doing tricking & martial arts.

Is it anyone who knows about a good workout program for strength and speed wich is perfect for a tricker/martial artist???

Thanks for answers:yinyang:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out crossfit.com; I suspect that their programs will be exactly what you're looking for.

OP
Karate_Warrior

Karate_Warrior

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I found a lot of facts and how to do the exercises and stuff, but I didn't found any specific workout programs or schedule?

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you know any weapon material? A good work out would to use a length of pipe about the same size as a weapon you train with. Doesn't sound like much, but it works. You could also try looking for Isometrics and Plyometrics.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Crossfit will leave you sore as hell but its the closest thing to fight prep next to really fighting.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a lot of facts and how to do the exercises and stuff, but I didn't found any specific workout programs or schedule?
Crossfit has several ways to use it; spend some time on their site. Look for the Workout of the Day (WOD) on the main page, and you probably want to consider Getting Started as a place to begin.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ExRx has some great info on plyometrics here, as well as information on lifting techniques. What I like most about these parts of their site are the animations demonstrating the proper technique.

Plyometrics are GREAT to help you develop speed. I cannot vouch for the other information on the site, but the plyo exercises will help you a lot with speed.

For specific workout programs: For strength, ask Mr. Yahoo about 'five by five' (5 x 5) programs. For aerobic/anaerobic endurance, look up interval training, or Tabata intervals.

Kingindian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
classic training :
for speed : do the rope jumps (skipping), Bruce Lee said rope jumps are 3 times effective than run. 10 minutes rope jumps = 30 minutes running

for strength...well just do push up , and sit up.